Olay hosted a hot yoga class in Manhattan yesterday to prove that exercising and sweating does not cause adult acne and to introduce its new Olay Pro X Clear Line, which treats adult acne while addressing aging issues at the same time. Isauro Fernandez, creator of ki power vinyasa yoga in New York City led the class at Exhale Spa on Madison Avenue. Born and raised in New York City, Fernandez practiced law for 20 years before experiencing the “transformational effects of yoga.” Isauro’s martial arts experience, which he began practicing at age six, led him to yoga in his adult years, which he quickly learned was a life-changing habit and began practicing on a daily basis.
After reaching a deeper level with his yoga practice, Isauro began teaching regularly and later created and trademarked ki power vinyasa, which fused his two passions – the movement and breath of Vinyasa Yoga with the grace, focus and physical intensity of martial arts.
Afterwards, Manhattan dermotologist Dr. Diane Berson explained that contrary to popular belief, adult acne is not caused by sweating, but instead has many biological causes such as hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, perimenopause and menopause. Some medications and cosmetics could also be attributed to causing adult acne.
Dr. Berson offers these tips in the battle against adult acne:
- Keep stress levels low
- Increase omega-3s, add almonds, fish, green tea and antioxidants to your diet
- For body acne, wear loose cotton clothing rather than tight spandex outfits
- Wash your makeup off before going to bed
- Use a system such as Olay Pro X Clear Line to treat the entire area and avoid “spot treating” pimples
Olay Professional Alliance for Skin Care Innovation, a group of renowned dermatologists and Olay Scientists, created the Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Line, a 3-step daily skin care regimen that is designed to treat acne and minimize the appearance of pores and refine texture. All products in the lineup are non-comedogenic and oil-free. The three-step system includes:
- Step 1 – Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Pore Clarifying Cleanser: A wash off salicylic acid acne treatment that reduces oil and removes dead skin to help prevent clogged pores, while helping prevent new acne from forming.
- Step 2 – Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Skin Clearing Treatment: A full face leave-on salicylic acid treatment designed to bring acne under control and help prevent future breakouts.
- Step 3 – Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Complexion Renewing Lotion: A sheer moisturizer that hydrates to help fade the look of spots and redness for an overall renewed appearance.
Additional products in the line include:
- Olay Professional Pro-X Clear SPF 15 Moisturizer: A non-comedogenic, oil-free moisturizer thathelps protect against harmful UVA/UVB.
- Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Intensive Refining Sulfur Mask Sulfur Acne Treatment: A non-comedogenic mask that helps dry out current breakouts and immediately reduces overall shine for a consistently clear complexion.
Over 300 women, ages 18-45, with mild-to-moderate facial acne participated in a clinical study conducted by three independent laboratories. The study included 12-week testing phase, using one of three regimens twice daily found that in just four weeks, the Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Acne Protocol with its clinically proven technology helps treat red blemishes, while minimizing the look of pores and uneven texture.
Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Acne Protocol – $42
Olay Professional Pro-X Clear SPF 15 Moisturizer – $29.99
Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Intensive Refining Sulfur Mask Sulfur Acne Treatment – $29.99
*Pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer.
For more information, click HERE.