The first half of 2011 saw Xbox LIVE Arcade set new records in the first half of 2011 as the service grew to $66.2 million in revenues according to Forecasting & Analyzing Digital Entertainment, LLC (FADE).
Runic Games’ Torchlight became the top money earner for Xbox LIVE Arcade after it was released on March 9, 2011 bringing in $3.6 million. However, the action-rpg was topped in the number of units sold by 30,000 units by Full House Poker which is $5 cheaper.
Trials HD continues to be a strong seller on Xbox LIVE Arcade with 216,000 units sold and bringing in $2.9 million in revenue to finish in the top five sellers in the first half of 2011. Magic: The Gather – Duels of the Planeswalkers and Beyond Good and Evil HD round out the top five.
Likely due to significant increases in hardware and top titles released, the market was up an incredible 41% from last year during the same time period, with 4 consecutive months of revenues above $10 million USD. “Despite being six years into the Xbox 360’s lifespan, Xbox Live Arcade is still exhibiting incredible growth, showcasing the importance of Microsoft’s digital strategy” said Benjamin Schlichter, Director of Research and Analysis at FADE. “As per our June report, seven titles have debuted with over $1 million USD in revenue during the year, up from just two during the first half of 2010.”
Estimated Top Selling Titles, by Units Sold (January through June, Year-to-Date) according to FADE
- Full House Poker (Microsoft Game Studios) – 268,000 Units / $2.7 Million USD ($10.00 ASP)
- Torchlight (Runic Games) – 238,000 Units / $3.6 Million USD ($15.00 ASP)
- Magic: The Gathering 2012 (Stainless Games) – 222,000 Units / $2.2 Million USD ($10.00 ASP)
- Trials HD (Red Lynx, Ltd) – 216,000 Units / $2.9 Million USD ($13.59 ASP)
- Beyond Good & Evil HD (Ubisoft) – 173,000 Units / $1.7 Million USD ($10.00 ASP)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale (Atari) – 166,000 Units / $2.5 Million USD ($15.00 ASP)
- ilomilo (SouthEnd Interactive) – 166,000 Units / $1.6 Million USD ($9.54 ASP)
- Dead Rising 2: Case West (Capcom) – 144,000 Units / $1.3 Million USD ($9.00 ASP)
- LIMBO (Playdead) – 139,000 Units / $1.8 Million USD ($13.26 ASP)
- Family Game Night – All Titles (Hasbro) – 135,000 Units / $1.3 Million USD ($10.00 ASP)
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.