Have you ever dreamed about working for Wizards of the Coast? A position as the Assistant Brand Manager for Magic: the Gathering has just opened up.
If you have the skills required for the job, this just might be the opportunity of your lifetime.
You can apply for the position here.
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world’s largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Brand Manager to join our team.
Magic: The Gathering is the world’s premiere trading card game. Players take on the role of Planeswalkers–powerful mages who battle others for glory, knowlege and conquest. Their weapons include spells, creatures and artifacts gathered from a vast multiverse of unique fantasy worlds.
Since 1993 Magic has been redefining hobby gaming and expanding into the world of fantasy entertainment through Novels, Web Comics, Online and Console games–reaching more than 12 million fans in more than 70 countries around the world.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
This position will support overall brand strategy by ensuring that marketing programs are executed on time and within budget and products are completed on schedule and meet performance, quality and cost criteria. This position will be a key contact for internal tactical marketing and product development teams and may act as liaison with licensees and other business partners. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated team leadership skills, superior execution of projects from planning through delivery, a passion for marketing, and an affinity for games or other lifestyle brands.
Product teams (R&D, Creative, Production, Digital, Licensing)
Marketing teams (Advertising, Market Research, Marketing Creative, Public Relations, Organized Play, Web)
Licensee/ licensor and/or business and promotional partners
No supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
Marketing and Product Plan Development
- Responsible for the execution of tactical business plans for product and marketing.
- Provide product specifications to production and R&D/Digital Development teams.
- Provides product and marketing information to other departments and external partners.
- Assists in the writing of cross-functional business plans, under direction of brand manager, including Product, Packaging, Advertising, Merchandising, Web, Social Media, Promotions, Organized Play, Events, and Public Relations.
- Work in conjunction with international business and marketing teams to globally execute brand initiatives.
- Act as liaison with creative departments/agencies responsible for packaging, media, advertising development, promotions, merchandising, etc.
- Researches and communicates current market trends and competitive activity to identify new business opportunities.
- Analyzes and reports on performance and ROI of marketing and product plans.
- Track revenues and analyze trends
- Track marketing expenses within budget parameters
Education and Training:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or related coursework.
Prior Related Experience:
- 1-2 years of marketing and/or product development experience preferred, but not required.
- 1-2 years of support in the brand marketing field preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the video/digital game, hobby game, toy, entertainment, or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
· Good organization, prioritization and time management skills.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good analytical skills.
· Proficient with MS Office products.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Knowledge of word-of-mouth marketing and social media in addition to classical marketing preferred.
· Knowledge of product development processes preferred.
· Knowledge of the game or toy industry desirable.
· Knowledge of video games and/or trading card or other hobby games in general, and Magic in particular is a plus.
· Make Quality Decisions: apply reasoned judgment, think creatively, demonstrate brand-centered thinking
· Achieve Results: plan and deliver, make results a top priority
· Build Relationships: strengthen partnerships, focus on consumers and customers, inspire trust through personal accountability, communicate openly
· Adapt and Learn: respond with curiosity to new circumstances, continuously develop self
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
Normal office environment. May require some travel.”
Stay up to date with the latest Magic information
Subscribe for email alerts of new articles, follow me on twitter @David_Leavitt, and like my fan page on Facebook for three chances to win free Magic swag.
Did you enjoy this article? You may also like:
New alternate art Force of Wil
Steve Argyle reveals Liliana of the Veil artwork
Dark Ascension fact sheet
Old frame DCI Judge Foil Dark Confidant
M12 Magic Celebration Detailed
Top 10 reasons to purchase M12
Review of the Political Puppets Commander deck
Premium Deck Series: Graveborn
Review of Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
New alternate art DCI Judge foil Goblin Welder
Interview with New Phyrexia’s lead designer Ken Nagel
Ranking New Phyrexia’s Intro Packs
Going Green: 5 Earth Day Tips for M:TG Players
Duel Decks: Mirrodin Pure vs. New Phrexia
Catch up on the Magic 2012 Core Set:
Magic 2012 Core Set Intro Packs:
Sacred Assault, Blood and Fire, Entangling Webs, Mystical Might, Grab for Power
Magic 2012 Core Set card lists:
White card list, Blue card list, Black card list, Red card list, Green card list, Artifact and Land card list
Check out Magic’s latest expert expansion set New Phyrexia:
An interview with New Phyrexia’s lead designer Ken Nagle
New Phyrexia Event Decks & Intro Packs:
Rot from Within, War of Attrition, Ravaging Swarm, Life for Death, Feast of Flesh, Devouring Skies, and Artful Destruction.
New Phyrexia card lists:
White card list, Blue card list, Black card list, Red card list, Green card list, Gold card list, Artifact card list, Land card list