With Harvest Wine Celebration this Labor Day Weekend, many wineries are rolling out the carpet to show visitors a great time. Check out a sampling of the activities at these wineries.
Cedar Mountain Winery
- Taste their great wines and visit Judy’s Bees live beehive and shop for local honey from hives on the Cedar Mountain property. Other vendors include Bill Dayton’s woodworks, Lynn Hassom-Fine artist, Silpada Jewelry and M. Alan Apal, author of “The Barbed Wire”. Cattleman’s will be serving tri-tip sandwiches.
Charles R Vineyards
- You will enjoy live music on Sunday from LunaFish. Both days you can taste some great wines from Charles R and food provided by Blue Sage. They will also be hosting several local artists and vendors.
Cuda Ridge Wines
- Cuda Ridge will have live music on both Sunday and Monday with QuickFixx on Sunday and Roger Kardinal on Monday. Scotty’s BBQ and other vendors will be there both days. Your Harvest Wine Celebration ticket gets you three wine tastings.
Las Positas Vineyards
- Meet the new Las Positas winemaker, Charlie Kidd, who will be talking about the upcoming harvest. He will also be leading you on tours of the new winery. On Sunday, Stacey’s Café of Pleasanton will be there making outstanding tri-tip sandwiches garnished with carmelized onions and gorgonzola cheese and more! On Monday, Swirl of Livermore will make their famous “Swirl Classic” sandwich with prosciutto and triple crème brie and arugula o sourdough. Also they will feature some local artisans including Shelley Barry with her creative jewelry form Artful Solutions; Bob Hintz Woodworks featuring unique pieces with wine corks; Judah Caramel Apples; Landru Chocolates with chocolates from Europe, Latin America and USA; and more. For more information check out http://www.laspositasvineyards.com/
- Check out their new winery at 2271 South Vasco Road near Occasio and Nottingham Cellars. You will enjoy music from Chris Ahlman on Sunday and check out the jewelry by Julree-ology, and a chocolate fountain from N & N Chocolates. Food will be provided by Thyme to Eat on Monday.
McGrail Vineyards and Winery
- Taste four wines on the front yard and enjoy live music on both days from Mother Lode Band and TankHalfFull. Food will be available from Zephyr Bar and Grill and vendors will have jewelry and crafts.
- Stroll around Retzlaff lawn sampling fine wines, food, arts and crafts while listening to live music. They will also be talking to you about grape growing and winemaking.
Thomas Coyne Winery
- Enjoy music, wine education, wine tasting, antique wine bottle collection, food, arts and crafts along with some nice Thomas Coyne wines.
Wood Family Vineyards
- Live music both days with Patty & Abigail on Saturday and Megan Slankard & The Mundaze on Sunday. Chef’s Touch will be there both days with food for purchase and “My Sister’s Jewelry” will show you some great jewelry for purchase.
Get more information on parking, bus routes, and tickets at the Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association website: www.lvwine.org