These days every penny counts in our budget and sometimes we can be caught off guard by things like an oil change. They’re necessary but sometimes we forget to pencil them into our budget. So when the time comes do you just go to your old faithful car service business? Or do you spend time trying to find a place that can offer you a discount? This is an area that doesn’t have to kill your budget and upset your week. Here are some local places that offer low costs or discounts to help you out when you find yourself in this kind of situation:
- Walmart – $16.97 > This covers just the basics. You can pay $8 more for additions like topping off your car’s other fluids and vacuuming.
- Local Dealer – Prices vary > You may find it much more affordable to go to a dealer service department to get an oil change.
- Leo & Ed’s Auto Service – $18.99 > You can find coupons for this service on the back of Family Fare receipts or you can get one for a $13.95 oil change at Valpak.com. They also have a coupon on their website for a $16.95 oil change. They are located on Plainfield Avenue.
- River City Transmission – $20 > Their oil changes are just over $20 and they currently have a coupon for $5 off at valpak.com. They are located on Rememberance Avenue.
- Big Ray’s Quick Lube – $16.95 > This is the price they have advertised on their signs out front. It is also the coupon they have available on valpak.com. They are located on Alpine Avenue.
- Suburban of West Michigan – $30 > Their price is just over $30 but their are a couple of ways to get discounts. Valpak.com has a coupon to make it $19.95 or you can get a $10 off coupon from their website. If you head to their website you should check out their “Name your own oil change price” offer. On the third Tuesday of every month you can come in for an oil change at different times to get a discount on that service. The cheapest is when you come in between 7:30 and 10 am. You can get it for just $11.99! You must make an appointment. They are located on 29th st.
- Daily Deal sites – Prices vary > Keep an eye on websites that offer daily deals because you can also find some great deals on oil changes through them.
- Do it yourself – Prices vary > If you want to really save some money then try changing the oil in your car by yourself. There are plenty of videos on youtube to help you out.