I love children’s toys, so it’s only natural that this would extend to getting excited whenever I walk into a ToysRUs store! Last week, we visited our local store to see what’s new in the aisles, and we found some really interesting games for children of all ages! Most are affordable on limited budgets. All are stimulating and exciting game play for various age-groups.
- The Smurfs Pop and Race Game. Who doesn’t love the Smurfs – small, blue and just right for a child’s imagination. While the latest Smurf movie is a bit adult for young children, it doesn’t stop all the hype from bringing this toy craze back to popular attention. Hence the Smurfs Pop and Race Game. If you remember Popomatic Trouble and the other Popomatic games, you will probably love this game, and how much fun will children have with this concept! The game popper tells you how many spaces you can move around the game board. A 6 will let you take a mover out of “home” and onto the track but beware of other players landing on you and sending you back! The first player to get all 4 movers home wins (sound familiar?). Contents includes plastic board game with game die popper, 16 movers and rules. For ages 3-7. Great fun way to increase basic counting skills with young children and teach them the value to taking turns and sportsmanship.
- Race to Smurf’s Village Game. To carry on the theme, this is a bit like Candyland and other games of that sort. It’s designed for children between 3 and 5 years of age, so is a perfect “first board game.” Obviously parents have to join in, which makes it even more fun! In the Race to Smurf’s Village Game, each player has to select a card which tells you which color space to move to. A Smurf berry or apple card can move you ahead, while a Gargamel card always sends you back. Be the first player to get to Smurf’s Village to win! Contents: gameboard, cards, 4 movers, 4 mover stands adn rules. For 2 to 4 players.
- Cranium Brain Breaks. Cranium games are always fun for a wide age-range of children (and for adults too). In this latest offering, you can have a Family Game Night happen within the confines of one game! Over 200 games are featured, all of which can be played in 60 seconds or less. Families race to beat the timer using classic guessing, acting, sketching, sculpting and word-puzzle games. This game has it all! For ages 8+.
- Roller Coaster Game. Ok, here is a very different game from your usual board game format. The Roller Coaster Game is a running, rolling and racing game with 3-D action, and action there is as players race their colored marbles around the 3-D track, hoping to be the one who reaches home first. Watch out another player doesn’t “bump you off!” You’ll roll off the track, into the center of the Big Top where you have to face the consequences. Always lots of surprises when you ride the Roller Coaster! Contents: 3-D game board, 4 colored roller coaster tracks, 1 die, 16 colored marbles (4 per color).
- Urban Myth Game. Here’s one for the pre-teens and teens in the family! The popularity of shows such as Destination Truth and Ghost Hunters on TV have given exposure to urban myths and fantasies, and children have been captivated to even a greater degree than ever. “How do you decipher fact from fiction, fantasy from reality, and truth from lies? With Urban Myth you must search out which quesitons are true and which are just plain fake! Each trivia card contains one letter from the words M-Y-T-H and T-R-U-E. Be ther first to spell either word and your winning won’t be just another Urban Myth. Contents: 1 game board, 1 instruction set, 6 movers, 500 tall tale cards and 6 voting cards.
ToysRUs Locations in the Henderson, NV area:
1425 W SUNSET ROAD, HENDERSON NV 89014
4000 S. MARYLAND PKWY, LAS VEGAS NV 89119
7400 LAS VEGAS BOULEVARD SOUTH, LAS VEGAS NV 89123
4550 MEADOWS LANE, LAS VEGAS NV 89107