Doesn’t your average potato salad get a little boring? No worries, here’s a recipe with a little twist. Say goodbye to the classic, heavy-on-the-mayo potato salad and say hello to this warm, fresh, healthy and absolutely delicious vegan potato salad! If you try this recipe out at your next BBQ, it will definitely bring your guests back for seconds.
Warm Potato Salad with Arugula and String Beans:
Yields: 6 Servings
1.5 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2” pieces
2 ounces + 1/2 TBS olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked salt (regular sea salt can be used as well, but smoked salt is excellent to have on hand and gives this recipe a nice smoky and BBQ flavor).
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 pound string beans, cut into thirds
2.5 ounces Baby Arugula (3 cups), washed and dried well
1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, coat the cut potatoes in 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil and gradually add smoked salt while tossing them in. the bowl.
3. Place potatoes in the oven for 25-30 minutes
4. Sauté green beans in 1/2 tbs olive oil on medium heat for five minutes, moving frequently.
5. Mix the onions and arugula together.
6. Separately, mix potatoes and string beans together- Mix in tarragon dressing.
7. Place arugula and onion mixture on the plate.
8. Place potato and string bean mixture on top of arugula.
Tarragon Vinaigrette Dressing:
Yields: 1 cup
1 TBS Mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 white wine vinegar
1 TBS fresh tarragon, minced
1 tablespoon onions, minced
1 teaspoons of garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons agave
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 TBS flax seed oil
1. In a blender, add all of the ingredients into the blender except for the oils and tarragon.
2. With motor running, slowly pour in oils until an emulsion forms.
3. Turn motor off and fold in tarragon.
Tarragon Vinaigrette Dressing is adapted from Jenny Matthau’s recipe from Natural Gourmet Institute
Recommended places to buy fresh produce in NYC:
Union Square Market
Join a Local CSA