Brussels Sprout Romaine Wraps
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 20 baby Brussels sprouts
- 10 cashews, finely ground
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cored and mashed
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 large Roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh curly parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized pot over medium-low heat, steam Brussels sprouts for 15-20 minutes or until soft and tender. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine cashews, vinegar and avocado in a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Lay out romaine leaves on serving platters, add cashew spread, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes,arugula, parsley, cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Wrap up like a burrito.