Youth soccer coaches, wish you knew more about how to coach your goalkeepers? There is a great opportunity to learn more about coaching goalkeepers coming up on September 9, 2011 in Mountlake Terrace. If you are going to be in the area, then this is an opportunity you don’t want to let pass by. Here are the details.
Who will benefit: Youth Coaches and Goalkeepers
Date: September 9, 2011 (Friday)
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Venue: Killdeer field (address & directions below)
What you will learn about:
- Fundamental foot work
- Hand eye coordination
- Saving and ball stopping techniques
- Distribution skills
Instructor: Coach Brandon Mitalas
- Coaching Highlights and Experience: Brandon is in his third year as head coach of the EdCC men’s program and coaches two Seattle United girl’s teams. He previously coached for Clackamas Community College, Warner Pacific College and Highline Community College. He helped coach the Shorecrest HS Boys Team to a State Championship in 2005. He’s coached teams at Eastside United in Portland and the Washington Rush, while also serving as Director of Goalkeeping for those youth clubs.
- Goalkeeping Highlights and Experience: 3 Washington State Youth Championships; 2 third place finishes in WIAA State High School Playoffs; Seattle Sounders Select in 2000-2001 – made US Cup quarterfinals; Twice a 3rd place finisher with Washington State U23’s at National Championships; Seattle Pacific University; NWAACC Conference All Star; Warner Pacific College; Hibernian Saints – 2005 USASA Amateur Cup National Champions.
- Registration Deadline: 12:00pm on September 9, 2011
- Register via:
- email to [email protected] or
- phone at 425-610-8272
- Please include in your email or phone message:
- First and last name (spell slowly if by phone)
- Email address (spell slowly if by phone)Soccer club affiliation
*You will not receive registration confirmation. Registrants will receive an email message if cancelled.
- $2.00 per person with advanced registration.
- $4.00 per person without advanced registration.
- Payments will be collected “at the door” – CASH ONLY!
Killdeer Field Address: 21705 58th Ave W., Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
Directions: I5 North/South – Exit 179 (220th) – head east to 58th. Left on 58th (heading north). Field is on the right, behind the City Church.
Hosted by Terrace Brier Soccer Club. Visit them at www.terrace-brier.org