Get ready- the trend is back! This 70’s must-have has been seen around town all summer, and for good reason. Not only are wedges and espadrilles (the wrap version) backyard barbeque and poolside friendly, they lengthen your legs so they look like they go on for miles. With wedges, you can walk in the city without getting your heels stuck in grates, walk in grass without sinking into the dirt and you can help ward off arch pain since your weight is distributed throughout your entire foot. Wedges can be worn with practically anything from a romper cover-up to a long maxi dress. And if you purchase the right style for you, they can be a permanent addition to your summer wardrobe.
Celebrities have been rocking the trend as well, putting their own sense of style into it. Everyone from Kim Kardashian to Elizabeth Banks and Leighton Meester have their own way of styling these hip, comfy shoes.
The trick is getting comfortable ones that are also age-appropriate. You don’t want to run around looking like you stole your little sister’s shoes! Below are suggestions for the top five wedges and heeled espadrilles for the summer:
- At only $20, these Helget black espadrille wedges can’t be beat. They match everything and the mid-size heel won’t cause extreme pain. BUY: Call it Spring- Freehold Raceway Mall, Freehold, NJ; Woodbridge Center Mall or online at www.callitspring.com
- Caliente! These Kate Spade Olé’ Sandals in red and orange scream fun and sexy. They’re perfect to add that pop of color in an everyday neutral outfit. BUY: Nordstrom, Freehold Raceway Mall, Freehold, NJ
- Totally in love: These Bettye Muller Caprice Espadrilles are both gorgeous and original. Let the compliments start flowing! BUY: www. Endless.com
- This Finley Wedge by Steve Madden looks almost exactly like the Stuart Weitzman version- but not with the $400 price tag. Instead, you can snag these for $50. What a steal! BUY: Shi by Journeys, Monmouth Mall, Eatontown, NJ
- Yes, these are from Old Navy!!! These cute, brown espadrilles are a bargain at $20, and a great way to add an inexpensive boost of style to your wardrobe. BUY: Old Navy, Monmouth, Freehold and Ocean County Malls