Shia LaBeouf is a proven commodity in Hollywood today. At the ripe old age of 25, his movies have already generated over a billion dollars worldwide. He has come a long way since his days as the very funny Louis Stevens in the Disney TV series Even Stevens. Here are my top rated films starring Shia LaBeouf:
5. ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ (2011) – Shia is back as Sam Witwicky in the third installment of the Transformers franchise. This time around, we find that the US government’s famed space mission to the moon in 1969 was a cover for something far greater. Hiding this secret will have massive consequences not only to the Autobot’s survival, but to the entire world. Sam has to once again help the Autobots defeat the Decepticons and save the world. Read my full review for more details here.
4. ‘Transformers’ (2007) – Shia plays the clumsy high school student Sam Witwicky. His first car may seem like a piece of junk but there’s more to it than meets the eye. Sam’s great grandfather makes a discovery that puts him in the middle of a long-lasting feud between a race of aliens known as the Autobots and the Decepticons. The Allspark is what they are after and Sam must help the Autobots prevent the Decepticon leader lord Megatron from acquiring it. Any kid who grew up in the 1980’s definitely had at least one of these toys and watched the television cartoon. The story is very good and the special effects are top notch. This film is the first and best of the ‘Transformers’ movie franchise. Check out the movie trailer here.
3. ‘Eagle Eye’ (2008) – Jerry Shaw (Shia) is content being a slacker working at a dead-end job. His world changes when his twin brother dies from a mysterious accident. Some strange woman starts calling Jerry manipulating him to do things against his will. Jerry has to figure out what is happening to him and how it ties to his brother’s death before it’s too late. The rising tension and great action sequences make this one so much fun to watch. Some will figure out pretty early who is controlling Jerry but just sit back and enjoy the ride. The movie trailer for this film is here.
2. ‘Disturbia’ (2007) – What would you do if you thought you saw someone commit murder? Shia’s character Kale is faced with this dilemma as he is stuck at home under house arrest. He can’t prove that his neighbor is a killer but is obsessed with finding out the truth. Kale has no idea that spying on his neighbor will endanger his own life. Alfred Hitchcock fans should rejoice that his work continues on to younger audiences today. ‘Disturbia’ is an update of one of Hitchcock’s beloved films ‘Rear Window’. Now this is suspense at its finest.
1. ‘Holes’ (2003) – One of Shia’s first films is still his best so far. He plays Stanley Yelnats who has just been wrongfully accused of a crime he didn’t commit. As punishment, he is sent to the Camp Green Lake detention center. Stanley and every other inmate are forced to dig holes daily but are not told why. What once was a beautiful lake has now become a barren desert wasteland. The warden makes them to dig even with the threat of dangerous lizards nearby. Stanley must figure out what they are digging for and how it ties to his family curse. This film did not do nearly as well in the box office as the others on this list. That’s too bad since the sweet story will definitely keep you entertained throughout. You won’t find many special effects or major stunt scenes here. The movie trailer for this movie is here.
So there you have it. These are five of the best movies starring Shia LaBeouf. You can’t go wrong watching any of these films if you haven’t already. For a complete list of all of his movies make sure to click here.