The Rodan + Fields national skin care tour Skinapalooza was in Nashville last night, and over 400 guests packed a large meeting room at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Cool Springs. People from all across Tennessee came to hear Director of the RF Connection, Mary Radford and Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Regional Sales Director Bobbie Silva do an hour-long presentation on how to best take care of the skin in the hot summer sun.
Top five Skinapalooza summer skin-care tips:
- A regular sunscreen, even with a high SPF, is not enough. Most sunscreens protect people from burning rays, but NOT from cancer-causing rays and aging rays. Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily for full sun protection. To help attendees know when they are getting incidental sun damage, wrist bands were given out to help alert guests when they are getting unexpected sun exposure.
- Wear a waterproof sunscreen when exercising, hiking, biking or anytime you might work up a sweat, as well as when engaging in any water activities.
- The amount of sunscreen you should apply to your face alone is a teaspoon full of sunscreen on your face. The best way to apply this amount is 1/2 teaspoon before you go out in the sun, and the other 1/2 teaspoon 15 minutes or so later after the first application has been absorbed. The arms, legs, neck, chest and other exposed areas will require proportionate amounts of sunscreen.
- After applying sunless tanner to the arms and legs, a little moisturizer should be applied to the knees and elbows to make sure too much sunless tanner doesn’t soak into the thicker skin, making those areas darker.
- If you do not apply the sunless tanner evenly and end up with streaks, a little acetone or nail polish remover will even it out.
Freebies & Door Prizes
Guests who preregistered received a Mineral Peptides Powder as they entered the room as well as wrist bands, and drawings were held for Rodan + Fields beach umbrellas, lawn chairs, Anti-Age skin care products and other products from Rodan + Fields. Some prizes were worth $200 or more. A reception with desserts, fruits and beverages followed the Skinapalooza event.
Skinapalooza Tour Dallas, TX
The last Skinapalooza event is coming up in Dallas on Saturday, July 30, 2011. The same team that led the successful Nashville event, Director of the RF Connection Mary Radford and Regional Sales Director Bobbie Silva, will present the educational Skinapalooza program in Frisco at the Embassy Suites Dallas, 7600 John Q Hammons Drive, Frisco, TX. Registration is at 9:30 AM, Skinapalooza at 10 AM, and a Reception at 11 AM. Additional consultant training follows this Skinapalooza event.
Free Gift Valued at Over $30
Guests who preregister with [email protected] will get a free Mineral Peptide Powder worth $29. Find out how you can attend for free and take home a Rodan + Fields Mineral Peptide Powder by emailing [email protected]
Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing the link to this skin, health & beauty article with others. This article is not available to repost on websites, blogs, Facebook, etc. If you would like to continue receiving Rodan + Field articles, please click the free Subscribe icon. If you have any questions about skin care, this article, or writing for Examiner, write to [email protected]
- Only three Rodan + Fields Skinapaloozas left in Nashville, Bozeman & Dallas
- Rodan + Fields Examiner
- Follow Skin, Health & Beauty on Twitter
- Join Skin, Health & Beauty on Facebook