Lots of newness on the August 17, 2011 episode of USA’s Necessary Roughness, Losing Your swing: new doctor, new boyfriends, and the standard new patient.
In Wednesday’s new episode the new kids on the block were: T.K.’s Dr. Dani replacement, Life Coach Lazarus ‘Laz’ Rollins, played by Orlando Jones. Golfer Cash Carson, Dr. Dani’s patient du jour. And for the ladies, new men (and one boy) all around; Lindsay is dating a new boy, Joey Fontanini, Dani runs into a former professor turned new love interest, and Jeanette has found herself a sexy bi-lingual delight.
With that, let’s hit the night’s high five.
Necessary Roughness – Losing Your Swing – High Five:
1. Dani’s string of dating mishaps – Dani literally bumps into a former professor, J.D. Aldridge, when she manages to spill coffee all over him. Just the first in a string of special moments. There is a definite attraction between the two and this has Dani tripping all over herself. Next she spills red wine on him at dinner, and then she caps it all off by elbowing the poor man in the eye. And still he kept coming back for more.
2. Jeanette’s revelation – It might have taken her the bulk of the episode to spit it out, but Jeanette revealed to Dani that she’d be moving to Barcelona with Augusto. Being the chick that I am, I cried right along with these lifelong sister-friends as Dani wondered what she would do without her. Jeanette has brought a little something extra to the show all along, but with Amanda Detmer starring in the new ABC series, Man Up, a prepared exit was probably inevitable.
3. Rock and hard place: parenting moment – The new boy in Lindsay’s life seemed like a good match – so much so that Dani gave him her vote of approval…Until Jeanette saw him kissing another girl. While Dani is initially torn about telling Lindsay because “If I do, she’ll hate me, if I don’t, I’ll hate me.” she ultimately chooses to tell her. Lindsay’s reaction is textbook, but she does take the information to Joey who admits to everything. This all led to one of those mother-daughter moments that sticks with you in the years to come: the snuggle into your mom, crying on her shoulder, not necessarily remembering what she said, but feeling wrapped in her love moments.
4. T.K. and the Life Coach – The consensus on Laz is that he’s a major scam artist whose main play is to suck serious coin out of his client’s bank accounts. Each “step” he takes his client through costs progressively more. On the one hand his approach seems completely backwards when really it boils to an advanced version of reverse psychology that seemingly had some results. Regardless, everyone is begging Dr. Dani to step in and rescue T.K., but Dani is holding firm onto maintaining the boundaries she outlined last week with T.K.
5. Dr. Dani on Facebook – The normally controlled Dr. Dani is comically lacking when it comes to dealing with J.D. When he asked if she Facebooks we got a peek at another side of Dani as she rambled on about “kind of being on Facebook” and only having 11 friends…One of whom is her mother who she tried to de-friend, but…The best of the best was when she tried to respond to the good professor’s invite to dinner and she managed to invite her entire (yep, all whopping 11 of them) friend list along.
~ The night’s diagnosis ~
Guilt. Good ol’ fashioned guilt.
Cash Carson, dubbed the “Almost Kid” was the patient of the night and he came to Dani for help with “the yips.” Loss of fine motor skills without explanation. The ah ha moment for Dr. Dani came with this statement from Jeanette: “It’s hard to have game when you’re handcuffed to the past.”
Cash was sabotaging himself because of guilt he felt for letting his friend and caddy, Wally, drink and drive which led to an accident that ended his golf career. With this revelation Dr. Dani and Cash were able to help Wally accept that he has a drinking problem and everyone goes on to take the first steps to happily ever after.
What moments made your list of favorites from Losing Your Swing?
It looks like next week we’ll have Dr. Dani stepping back into T.K.’s life in an attempt to fix what the Life Coach is breaking. Stay tuned…
You can catch new episodes of Necessary Roughness Wednesdays on the USA Network at 10:00 p.m. / 9:00 c.
Necessary Roughness Cast List:
Callie Thorne………………………Dr. Dani Santino
Marc Blucas……………………….Matthew Donnally
Mehcad Brooks………………….Terrence ‘T.K.’ King
Hannah Marks……………………Lindsay Santino
Patrick Johnson…………………Ray Jay (Ray Jr.)
Don’t miss out on any of our TV mom moments or lessons, hit the subscribe button following this article to receive free e-mail notifications. You can also keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter @TVMoms101, and GoogleBuzz.