Have you ever gotten into an argument with your wife and have no idea how it happened? Has your wife gotten mad at you and you still don’t understand why? If you answered yes to these questions, there’s a good chance you aren’t even remotely close to understanding your wife. Never fear, these tips will help you!
Here’s the guide men need to help you stay out of trouble!
1. When your wife asks you if her outfit looks okay, the only acceptable answer is “You look beautiful”. Sorry guys but you’re at the bottom of the list of people women will ask for fashion advice. Your wife wants to know that you still find her attractive.
2. When you ask your wife to go on an outing with the guys and her response is, “I guess so”, you should probably think twice. She doesn’t want you to go but can’t think of a good reason to say no.
3. When you ask your wife to go somewhere and her response is “I’d rather you didn’t”, Do Not Go! This is her way of saying “you should know better than to ask me if you can go”. The punishment for going anyway will be severe.
4. When your wife asks you to do something “when you have time”, jump up and do it right then. That’s her way of saying “I’m tired of looking at your lazy butt on the couch”.
5. When you offer to help her with a chore or project and her response is “that’s okay, I’ll do it”, she’s politely telling you she hates how you do it. Pay attention to how she does it so you can do it right the next time. Her statement, “I knew I should have done it myself”, means the same thing.
6. During an argument, when your wife says “Fine”, she’s come to the conclusion that you’re an idiot and sees no reason to continue talking to you.
7. When you make a statement, and your wife responds with “Excuse Me”, do not repeat your comment. She’s just indicated to you that she heard exactly what you said and you’re very close to finding out just how bad her temper can get. Also remember, women have supersonic hearing, they will hear you when you go into the next room and mutter under your breath.
8. When your wife shakes her head as she’s walking away from you, she just realized that even she didn’t see the level of your stupidity coming.
9. When your wife asks you how dinner is, reply, “It’s great”. Then shut up and eat it. Anything short of that and she may never cook again.
10. When your wife vents about a problem she’s having, shut up and listen. While women appreciate that you want to ride to their rescue and solve their problems, all they want is your undivided attention so they can get it off their chest. They don’t want you to fix anything for them. Also avoid making negative statements about her friends, even if she’s mad at them right then, when they make-up and they will, those comments will come back to bite you later.
Well gentlemen, you should now have a better understanding of your wife. Remembering these ten things may save you from spending a night on the couch when you in veritably look at her and say “What?!?”. If you’re unsure of how to respond or react to something your wife has said or done, the best rule of thumb for you is to stop talking immediately and walk away quickly.
If your marriage is struggling and marriage counseling is something you feel would help you and your spouse, contact the Austin Family Institute. “Austin Family Institute, a marriage and family training program, provides all counseling on a sliding scale fee, making it affordable for everyone.” Visit their website or contact them at 512-329-6611.
Follow Kelly on Facebook and Twitter (KCozzone). Want instant notification of future articles; click Subscribe at the top of the page. Contact Kelly with questions, comments and article ideas at [email protected]. Visit her website HERE. Find other articles by Kelly HERE.
©Kelly Cozzone, All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a joltleft.com.