Here we are already fast approaching the biggest travel day of the year, although I’m sure you’re well excited to share another holiday of Labor Day with in-laws there is no reason for this to be a nuisance before the trip at all.
With this in mind, I’ve compiled a list of ten tips before the big journey by plane I know will be helpful and will alleviate the discomfort prior to a holiday trip. I have since stockings socks gum, explores the ten new ways to make sure you’re well prepared and that your travel plans flow without a hitch.
1. Always wear socks, socks – “If the use of means, number one?” wonder. I say: Yes, that is correct. The funny thing is that only would be needed starting 10 to 15 feet prior to the commencement of your flight. If you are a type of individual aware of the existence of germs, and remember that shoes are not allowed in the area of metal detectors. That little stretch (which these days can take up to 30 minutes to get there) is a hot and fertile ground for germs.
2. Prevent small children and pets – no sense that anyone could consider bringing a small dog on a plane in a small cage and let them sit with human beings is somehow good. But it is! While certainly children should not be stowed under the plane with luggage, is very, very important to keep guard at the gate to animals and children, especially long flights. If the gate you see too many children and pets, you should be first in line to volunteer and respond to the announcement: “This flight has been oversold,” and avoid the wait.
3. Always reconfirm your seat – not that we’re recognizing that airlines are governed by “the customer is always right” … yeap right!?! but probably if would pay off if you get to the airport early and reconfirm your seats. This way you can block or change your seat selection. If your seat is the most important, without forgetting and putting aside the socks, your travel experience, you might want to make sure you get what you ordered or possibly the chance and get a possible “grade up ” somewhere by free and do not get the seat in front of the bathroom.
4. Seats “post-check” – There are two hard and fast rules to be properly seated on an airplane: “Windows and Aisles” me “I love the emergency exit.” Now wait, stop sniffing – no need to be afraid to be responsible for the escape hatch. If you need to use the emergency exit in the first place, if life has taken a nasty turn. Also, look at it this way you will have no problem finding the door first ! As for the windows and aisles, well, it is obvious that you do not want to take the bet with two different co-chair. Never work so well!
5. Place your hand luggage at the front – Ok, this is not the most honest of the standards, but it works well – there’s nothing worse than being on a trip and waiting for all those people slow down their hand luggage in overhead bins and congestion in the corridor. Instead, when you enter the plane put your luggage in the compartment at the front, and just keep quiet when people start to wonder who is the bag that they’re taking their space.
6. Always have cash – even in today’s modern world, cash is a key element in the airport and more when traveling. Carry cash allows you to control how much money you have. In what could happen and if it is not actually cash. Not laughed – the credit card machines can be damaged at any time, but everyone always receive good of those who have in hand the green packets.
7. Two forms of identification – may seem unnecessary to bring your passport and a driver’s license, but it is also important to remember that a passport takes up little or no room in her personal bag. There is nothing more frustrating than arriving at the airport and realize you do not have your wallet. Carry ID will save you time and embarrassment of being molested by the amount of any penalty by the lords of the TSA.
8. Avoid Rush – Always arrive at the airport early. Please. Just do not even think about violating this rule. Most airports indicate that two come to an hour and a half before your departure, this information can always check online at certain airports. You must not think to forget this rule, as you do not you forget to do your registration in your e-ticket. Of course, it is difficult to register or reconfirm the day of the flight with your airline staff behind the counter … they never have anything better to ensure that you arrive at your departure gate on time.
9. Your pre-trip diet – There is a fine line you have to walk when getting ready to fly – first, you need coffee to stay awake but does not want too ajor. Similarly, although it is always pleasant taste in the morning before your flight of something like McDonald’s (nothing says I’m on vacation like two eggs and a Mc Muffins or Burrito) is not always pleasant before starting to suffer from that. .. Um ups! … and its potential impact. Better keep yourself with a bagel, at most, in terms of aggressiveness. What is most important, always make sure to stay hydrated. But not too hydrated. It’s a myth that the planes you get sick, but it’s definitely true that you dry.
10. Bring gum – MacGyver could probably teach us how to get more than a thousand uses for the gum, so no doubt that the gum should be on your list to travel now. Masks during takeoff and landing of the flight is one of the best ways to relieve the annoying and sometimes painful ear pressure. No matter if you like more of Trident, Orbitz, or the classic
Chewing gum, chewing gum is an element of air travel do not want to leave behind.
These are my rules to follow prior to a trip, NOW… I invite you to share yours with us.