There are so many fun things for couples and families to do in the Atlanta Metro area, up through the north Georgia Mountain area this September, that are free or very affordable. The following are just a few of the many activities to choose from. These events are naturally wholesome and good for the body and the spirit. As autumn comes to North Georgia, pick an outdoor activity and get into the autumn spirit.
- Remembering Our Heroes: At the Army Post in Fort Oglethorpe on September 3, there will be a living history display, World War II battle re-enactments, cook-off, parade and USO dance. wwiiheroes or 706-861-2860
- Labor Day at the Post: On September 5, at the Polo Field on Barnhardt Circle, Fort Oglethorpe, there will be arts, crafts, kids play zone, petting zoo, train rides, music and barbecue. fortotourism or 706-861-2860
- Roopville Homecoming: On September 18, in downtown Roopville, there will be crafts, food, a kid’s area, antique car show and parade. visitcarrollton or 770-854-7977
- Music in the Park: On September 3, 10, 17, 24, Vogel State park in Blairsville at the Trahlyta Pavilion will provide great live music. 706-745-2628
- Uncle Shuck’s Corn maze: September 3rd and 4Th, 10Th and 11Th, 17Th and 18Th, 24Th and 25Th and October 1 through 31, there will be a corn maze and pumpkin patch in Dawsonville. Enjoy multiple maze trails, hayrides, bonfires and climbing goats. uncleshucks or 888-674-8257
- Full Moon Suspension Bridge Hike: September 11Th and 12Th at Tallulah Gorge State park in Tallulah Falls, Tallulah rangers will lead a moonlit hike down into Tallulah Gorge. 706-745-7981
- No Reason block Party: September 8Th at Town Green, Duluth, there will be food and live entertainment featuring Jonathan Gale Rock & Roll Stories. duluthga or 770-476-3434
- 20Th Annual Marietta Streetfest: September 17Th at downtown Marietta, there will be art, antiques, history and classic cars. mariettastreetfest or 770-794-5710
- 79Th Annual North Georgia State fair: September 22 through October 2 at the Jim R. Miller Park, Marietta, there will be live music, free attractions and shows, farm animals, flower shows, blue-ribbon competition and food. northgeorgiastatefair or 770-423-1330
Go to georgiamagazine for more events and information.