The Peninsula hotel in Bangkok evokes a sense of old world grandeur and charm with legendary 5 star services. Set alongside the historic Chao Praya River in beautiful Bangkok, this one of a kind property offers features, amenities and services that are to be found nowhere else in the city.
What to Expect
The Peninsula Bangkok is undoubtedly one of the most elegant and tasteful riverside resorts in Bangkok. The hotel is built with a unique “W” shape and enables them to offer every guest who stays at the hotel unobstructed views of the iconic Chao Praya River coupled with breath taking city views. Every detail is adhered to from the moment you step off the hotel’s riverboat taxi shuttle and are greeted with the exotic aromas of Asian spices and flowers in the air.
As you enter the grounds and settle in, you immediately feel as if you have discovered a sanctuary that is all your own. The décor is elegant and refined with a seamless blend of east meets west aesthetics coupled with classic and contemporary design elements. There are exquisite gardens throughout, a breathtaking pool area, world class dining options, and one of the best spa experiences that the city has to offer. Everything you desire and more is at your finger tips when you visit the Peninsula Bangkok.
One of the truly unique features of the hotel is the one of a kind green grass lawn that is adjacent to the riverside bar and café which is the perfect place to relax any time of the day with a cold cocktail or rejuvenating fruit juice. The beauty and grandeur of the Peninsula Bangkok is not to be missed when you are in the city. Residents and visitors who appreciate the highest standards return time and time again to enjoy the exquisite service and amenities that they offer.
Room Accommodations & Amenities
The Peninsula Bangkok has 370 luxurious and spacious guestrooms and suites which are furnished in a magnificent classical style, including the 3,890sq ft (364sq m) Peninsula Suite, four Theme Suites and 60 one-bedroom suites. Each guestroom and suite is equipped with a state-of-the-art electronic system that allows you to control room features with the touch of a button. All guestrooms and suites at The Peninsula Bangkok offer the following amenities:
- Each guest room is an average of 495 sq ft (46 sq m), which are amongst the largest in the city with river views
- Double glazed windows
- Separate sleeping and sitting areas
- Separate changing room
- Luxurious marble bathrooms with two vanity
- units, mood lighting, bathtub, separate shower and toilet, plus telephones (one hands-free) and built-in television above tubs in bathrooms
- Audio visual system
- Cable/satellite TV
- CD/ DVD players
- Individual thermostat controls
- Bedside control panels for control of in-room lighting in each room
- Outside temperature and humidity reading
- Oversized executive work desk with dual-line data port and wireless Internet access
- In-room fax machines with private fax numbers
- Direct dial telephones with dual lines
- Separate modem, phone and ISDN lines
- Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access
- Hairdryers and bathrobes
- Complimentary bottled water
- Fully stocked mini-bars
- In-room safe
Business & Meeting Facilities
The Peninsula Bangkok offers 7,595sq ft (706sq m) of versatile meeting and event space; providing the flexibility for every type of event from intimate meetings to lavish galas. The Sakuntala Ballroom is an exceptional setting for both private parties and business events. Featuring an ornately adorned teak lattice ceiling and exquisite crystal chandeliers, the ballroom can accommodate up to 600 guests in a variety of configurations. For small events and meetings, the ballroom can be divided into separate sections. There are also six additional function rooms and a business centre which provides one private boardroom. Additional features include:
- Six meeting rooms for board meetings or larger functions
- Elegant function room for board meetings or small gatherings
- The Sakuntala Ballroom offers a setting for a banquet of up to 420 persons, standing space for up to 800 persons or theatre style seating for up to 600 persons.
- Advanced audio-visual equipment
- State-of-the art meeting facilities, all equipped with wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and audio-visual capabilities as well as computer and email facilities
- Secretarial and translation services
- Computer and cellular phone rental
- The Paribatra Aviation Lounge offers spectacular views of the city for small, private functions
- Mei Jiang– An award-winning Chinese restaurant serving fine Cantonese cuisine created by a resident Chinese Chef and served in a serene and elegant setting. The restaurant offers an extensive menu featuring the best of traditional Cantonese specialties including dim sum.
- Thiptara– Located on the banks of Bangkok’s Chao Phraya River and under a majestic banyan tree, Thiptara offers authentic Thai home-style food in a tropical garden setting.
- The River Cafe and Terrace– Offers a unique, affordable, all-day dining experience for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or drinks. The River Cafe and Terrace allows diners to create their own dining experience either alfresco or indoors, while enjoying views of the Chao Phraya River.
- The Lobby– A lively meeting place featuring breakfast, light meals, and the traditional Peninsula Afternoon Tea. It offers both indoor and outdoor seating on the riverfront terrace and live music in the afternoon.
- The Pool–The perfect spot for enjoying light snacks and refreshments set in lush tropical surroundings with a three-tiered swimming pool and Jacuzzi area.
- The River Bar–The River Bar, located at the far end of The River Cafe Terrace and Thiptara, provides unsurpassed views of The River of Kings. Relax, unwind and tempt the palate with refreshing cocktails and mixed drinks accompanied by light snacks.
SPA AND FITNESS CENTRE
- The Peninsula Spa by ESPA
- Fitness Center
- Tennis courts
- Three-tiered swimming pool and sundeck
- Wide array of exercise equipment
- Beauty salon
- Cold plunge pool, steam room and sauna
Located in a three-storey Thai colonial-style building adjacent to the hotel’s Fitness Centre, the 19,000sq ft (1,774sq m).The Peninsula Spa by ESPA features 14 treatment rooms and four suites (two Private Spa Suites and two River Private Spa Suites), a Tea Lounge and Relaxation Rooms which together create a full-service oasis. Treatments and packages are designed using European, Oriental and Ayurvedic philosophies for an entirely new, holistic experience. The ESPA line includes exceptionally natural, high-quality skin care products to achieve outstanding results for energy, tranquility and balance.
Other Facilities & Services
- Fleet of Rolls-Royce and BMW 7 Series limousines
- Helicopter service
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour concierge services
- 24-hour laundry and valet service
- Valet parking
- Private pier and river shuttle
- The Peninsula Academy
- The Peninsula Boutique
- Rooms and facilities for those with disabilities
About The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (HSH)
Incorporated in 1866 and listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (00045), HSH is the holding company of a Group which is engaged in the ownership, development and management of prestigious hotel, commercial and residential properties in key locations in Asia, the United States and Europe, as well as the provision of transport, club management and other services. The hotel portfolio of the Group comprises The Peninsula Hotels in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, Tokyo, Bangkok, Manila and Paris (opening in 2012). The property portfolio of the Group includes The Repulse Bay Complex, The Peak Tower and The Peak Tramways, St. John’s Building, The Landmark in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and the Thai Country Club in Bangkok, Thailand.
The hotel is easily accessible to both hotel guests and visitors, with The Peninsula Bangkok’s two shuttle boats across the Chao Phraya River, departing from either the Peninsula Pier at the River Garden lounge or the BTS Skytrain Saphan Thaksin Station. The trip takes five minutes and boats depart every 10 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to midnight.
The Peninsula Bangkok
333 Charoennakorn Road
Klongsan, Bangkok 10600
Tel: +662 861 2888/+662 652 1700
Fax: +662 861 2361