The late summer sun rose on Lake Miola in Paola, KS, on August 28th, 2011, to start the Midwest Meltdown Triathlon and Duathlon. Located 20 minutes south of Kansas City, the Midwest Meltdown is the last major organized triathlon of the Kansas City triathlon season. Athletes took advantage of more mild temperatures than the weeks previous in Kansas City. Highs hovered in the low 90’s and athletes put wheel and foot to pavement to bust out there best efforts.
Below are the top 3 overall finishers for the short, long courses and the duathlon.
Short Course Top 3 Overall
- Michael Garven – Lawrence – 59:23
- Patrick Smith – Topeka – 1:00:17
- Allyn Smith – St Joseph – 1:01:01
Long Course Top 3 Overall
- Matthew Westfall – Saint Joseph – 1:55:16
- Kevin Wait – Lenexa – 1:56:38
- Jeffrey Baker – Independence – 1:57:10
Duathlon Top 3 Overall
- Randall Davis – Shawnee – 1:03:02
- Kirk Decker – Blue Springs – 1:03:45
- Richard McDaniel – Stilwell – 1:04:49
For a complete listing of results, click HERE.
If you would like to be notified when Ryan publishes an article, click “subscribe” below, follow his BLOG, follow him on TWITTER, find him on FACEBOOKor follow his crazy triathlon adventures at www.Man-Versus-Triathlon.com.