Stone Brewing Company will celebrate it’s 15 year anniversary on August 19th and 20th at California State University San Marcos. The location is 333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, California 92096. They have dubbed the occasion the ‘Stone 15th Anniversary Celebration & Invitational Beer Festival.’
Stone Brewing Company founders Steve Wagner, and Greg Koch have assembled over 40 of the nation’s top breweries to participate in this event. Here is the list of participants as of the date of the publication of this article.:
- AleSmith Brewing Co., San Diego, CA| www.alesmith.com
- Avery Brewing Company, Boulder, CO| www.averybrewing.com
- Ballast Point Brewing Co., San Diego, CA| www.ballastpoint.com
- Bear Republic Brewing Co., Healdsburg, CA| www.bearrepublic.com
- Black Market Brewing Co., Temecula, CA| www.blackmarketbrew.com
- Brasserie d’Achouffe, Belgium| www.achouffe.be
- Breakwater Brewing, Oceanside, CA| www.breakwaterbrewing.com/
- The Bruery, Orange County, CA| www.thebruery.com/
- Coronado Brewing Co., Coronado, CA| www.coronadobrewingcompany.com
- Duvel Belgium, Belgium| www.duvelusa.com
- Eagle Rock Brewery, Los Angeles, CA| www.eaglerockbrewery.com/
- Eel River Brewing Company, Fortuna, CA| www.eelriverbrewing.com
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co., Paso Robles, CA| www.firestonewalker.com
- Fox Barrel Cider Company, Colfax, CA| www.foxbarrel.com
- Great Divide Brewing Co., Denver, CO| www.greatdivide.com
- Green Flash Brewing Co., Vista, CA| www.greenflashbrew.com
- Iron Fist Brewing Company, Vista, CA| www.ironfistbrewing.com
- Julian Hard Cider, Julian, CA| www.julianhardcider.biz
- Lightning Brewery, Poway, CA| www.lightningbrewery.com
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, CA| www.lostabbey.com
- Mad River Brewing Co., Blue Lake, CA| www.madriverbrewing.com
- Maui Brewing Co., Lahaina, Maui HI| www.mauibrewingco.com
- Maredsous, Belgium| www.maredsousbieres.be
- Mission Brewery, San Diego, CA| www.missionbrewery.com
- Mother Earth Brew Co., Vista, CA| www.motherearthbrewco.com
- North Coast Brewing, Fort Bragg, CA| www.northcoastbrewing.com
- Brewery Ommegang, Cooperstown, NY| www.ommegang.com
- Oskar Blues Brewery, Longmont, CO| www.oskarblues.com
- Pizza Port, Carlsbad, San Clemente, and Solana Beach, CA| www.pizzaport.com
- Redstone Meadery, Boulder, CO| www.redstonemeadery.com
- Russian River Brewing Co., Santa Rosa, CA| www.rrbeer.com
- San Diego Brewing Co., San Diego, CA| www.sandiegobrewing.com
- SKA Brewing Co., Durango, CO| www.skabrewing.com
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, CA| www.sierranevada.com
- Victory Brewing Co., Downington, PA| www.victorybeer.com
- Wandering Aengus Ciderworks, Salem, OR| www.wanderingaengus.com
This celebration is for people who are 21 years old and up. There are no infants or pets allowed.
On Friday, there will be a Brewers Reception from 6-9 pm. The cost is $75.00. At the reception, you will receive:
- Commemortative reception glass
- Meet world-class brewers
- Complimentary gourmet food
- A relaxed, uncrowded atmosphere
- Live music all evening
On Saturday, There will be 2 sessions available for you to purchase. Session A will be from 11:00 am. – 2:00 pm. for $40.00. Session B will be from 3:00 pm. – 6:00 pm. for $40.00. Your 3rd choice is to purchase an All Access Pass which allows you entry to both sessions from 11:00 am. – 6:00 pm. for $70.00.
For attending session A or B, you will receive the following:
- Commemorative 15th Anniversary tasting glass
- Admission to one 3-hour session
- 10 samples (no additional samples will be sold)
- Over 40 breweries
- 100 + beers
- Stone brews on cask
- Free homebrewed sodas
- Samples of Mike’s Beer Cheese
- Arrogant Bastard Ale onion rings
For attending with an All Access Pass & Rare Beer Section you will receive the following:
- Commemorative 15th Anniversary tasting glass
- 10 samples (no additional tasters will be sold)
- Admission to both sessions A and B
- All day access to the Rare Beer section
- 100 + beers
- Dozens of extremely rare and one-off brews
- Complimentary food
- Guest appearences by brewers
- Live music
Unfortunately, the All Access Passes have already SOLD OUT.
For the Friday, August 19th Brewer’s Reception, they will have $25.00 Designated Driver tickets available at the door. Nobody doing this will be turned away. You will be rewarded with the company of the world’s best brewers, and delicious complimentary food.
For Saturday, August 20th Sessions A and B and All Access Pass holders, they will have $10.00 Designated Driver tickets available at the gate. Nobody doing this will be turned away. You will be rewarded with delicious home brewed sodas and samples of Mike’s Beer Cheese, and Arrogant Bastard Ale onion rings.
Founders Steve Wagner and Greg Koch sold their first keg of Stone Pale Ale 15 years ago, and are now the 14th largest craft brewery in America. Along with their love of crafting beer, this duo, is passionate about supporting charities. This event is the biggest fund raiser of the year for Stone Brewing Company.
All of the proceeds from this event will go to local charities. “We’ve helped raise over $1,000,000 for deserving local causes with this annual festival, with over $200,000 from last year’s alone,” says Koch.
They would like to exceed last year’s total by at least $25,000 this year.
The beneficiaries of this year’s event are as follows:
- Boys and Girls Club of San Marcos www.boysgirlsclubsm.org
- Surfrider Foundation www.surfrider.org
- Palomar Family YMCA www.palomar.ymca.org
- Fight ALD www.fightald.org
The Boys and Girls Club of San Marcos is a non-profit organization that opened in a portable trailer in 1979 with a $32,000 budget. Today it operates in several schools with a $1.4 million budget, and services over 3,688 youth. Their mission is. “To inspire and enable all young people to realize their full potential as responsible and caring citizens”
The 25 year old Surfrider Foundation’s mission is, “The protection and enjoyment of oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful, activist network.” Three people started working with local municipalites, and now work in 15 countries around the world.
The Palomar YMCA’s mission is “dedication to improving the quality of human life and helping all people realize their fullest potential as children of God through development of the spirit, mind and body.”
The Fight ALD organization is fighting a disease by the name of Adrenoleukodystrophy. It is a disease that affects 1 in 17,000 boys in childhood. It is usually misdiagnosed and is most often passed on from mothers to sons, although both parents can pass it on to their daughters. Most boys are incorrectly diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. Check the web site for more information.
Attending the Stone 15th Anniversary Celebration and Invitational Beer Festival will not only provide you with a day out, it will help alot of people along the way. For more information about the event, or to purchase tickets, go to http://www.stonebrew.com/anniv or twitter: @StoneBrewingCo | #Stone15.