CNN Money Magazine has come out with it’s ranking of the best places to live in the United States. Atlanta didn’t make the list. However, the metro area suburb Peachtree City did make it in the top 100.
It’s not really a huge surprise as Peachtree City has made other top rankings in the past.
Some of those are:
- Most Airport Friendly Atlanta City, KNOW Atlanta Magazine, 2010
- Top 10 Best Places to Live in the U.S., CNN/Money Magazine, 2005, 2009
- Top 100 Best Places to Live in the U.S., CNN/Money Magazine, 2007
- Top 100 Places to Live – RelocateAmerica.com, 2008, 2009
- Georgia’s Best Affordable Suburb – BusinessWeek, 2009
- Top 10 Places to Retire, Retire in Georgia Magazine, 2008
- 10 Great Places for Boomers, Newsmax Magazine, 2009
- 10 U.S. Communities With Great Ideas (Peachtree City Path System), National Association of Area Agencies on Aging, 2007
Here is what CNN Money Magazine had to say about Peachtree City when it ranked the city number 61 out of 100 Best Places to live.
Many towns are struggling to find alternatives to pollution-spewing, street-clogging cars. Peachtree City has already figured it out. Residents get around town in their golf carts as much as in their cars. More than 10,000 of the vehicles (plus cyclists and pedestrians) share a 90-mile network of paved multi-use paths that serve as the town’s alternate transportation system. Many residents make the 25-mile commute to Atlanta each workday. While the economic downturn has led to some burglaries of businesses here, overall Peachtree City’s crime rate remains low. –D.B.
Money Magazine ranked the top 100 places to live based on great job opportunities, top-notch schools, safe streets, economic strength, nice weather, plenty to do, and more.
Here are the top 10 best places to live in the survey.
1. Louisville, CO
2. Milton, MA
3. Solon, OH
4. Leesburg, VA
5. Papillion, NE
6. Hanover, NH
7. Liberty, MO
8. Middleton, WI
9. Mukilteo, WA
10. Chanhassen, MN
To see the full list of the top 100 best places to live in the U.S. click here.
For more on Peachtree City click here.