High Blood Pressure for Dummies is reference book full of information on high blood pressure. Even if you don’t suffer from high blood pressure, you can still benefit from many details featured throughout the book.
The book gives pertinent details on understanding high blood pressure (also known as hypertension), medical consequences your body endures, treating high blood pressure, hypertension prevention and special care for those suffering in different age groups including children and the elderly.
High Blood Pressure for Dummies features several sections that break down aspects of high blood pressure in tens. This is a great feature because it helps readers remember important details while learning to improve their overall health. They include:
- 10 ways to prevent or reduce high blood pressure.
- 10 myths about high blood pressure.
- 10 new discoveries about high blood pressure.
Although you can do online research for high blood pressure and hypertension prevention, this book is a great compact reference source you can refer to anytime. The book shares numerous reliable online resources great for those who want to continue independent research.
High Blood Pressure for Dummies shares helpful tips great for all ages to help individuals manage multiple areas of their health. Aside from useful tips, the book goes into detail on a variety of topics that help people understand why high blood pressure is a serious condition that needs special attention. Topics of interest include:
- The effects of high blood pressure on the heart, kidneys and brain.
- Detecting high blood pressure.
- Prevention through lifestyle changes.
- Reducing tension, controlling weight and the effects of medication use.
- Developing a treatment plan and sticking to it.
- Choosing foods that lower blood pressure, calorie needs, salt intake and BMI overview.
- Affects of alcohol, tobacco and caffeine.
- The role exercise plays in high blood pressure.
- Handling high blood pressure in women, children, seniors and hereditary effects.
- Checking blood pressure at home.
- And much more…
The book is a great reference book for reading and whether you have high blood pressure, know someone with hypertension or what to learn what you can do to prevent the condition, the book has something for everyone; an excellent read!
High Blood Pressure for Dummies is available at the Akron-Summit County Public Library branches including the North Hill Branch at 183 E. Cuyahoga Falls Avenue in Akron. The book is also available at Barnes & Noble Bookseller locations including Barnes & Noble at 4015 Medina Road in Akron/Fairlawn.