Here are just a few of the many reading and signing event in the Bluegrass Region for the first half of August 2011:
1.) On Tuesday, August 2nd — Lexington: Although he is not a Kentucky author, George R.R. Martin Joseph-Beth Booksellers will be hosting a discusion and signing of his lastest release, A Dance with Dragons. He is best known for his A Song of Ice and Fire series of bestselling epic fantasy novels, which has recently been adapted into Game of Thrones, an ongoing dramatic series on HBO. The event starts at 7pm – line tickets are required and are available with the purchase of the book.
2.) On Wednesday, August 3rd — Lexington — At 7pm, Joseph-Beth will host Glenn Kleier signing The Knowledge of Good and Evil. Glenn is from Louisville, Kentucky.
3.) On Saturday, August 6th — several events are happening:
- Lexington: Homegrown Authors at the Lexington Farmers Market — Sherry Chandler and Cynthia Ellingsen
- Lexington: Morris Book Shop at 2pm, Doug Boyd signs Crawfish Bottom: Recovering a Lost Kentucky Community
- Fancy Farm: Pamela Whinnery will sign her cookbook Favorite Recipes of Kentucky Celebrities from 10am to 4pm at the Fancy Farm Picnic. The cookbook has recipes from two of this years speakers, Gov. Steve Beshear and Sen. Mitch McConnell. Proceeds from the cookbook sales will go to St. Jerome Parrish.
4.) On Thursday, August 11th — Louisville — Carmichael’s Bookstore (2720 Frankfort Avenue) at 7pm, will host Kentucky native Bobbie Ann Mason reading from her new book, Girl in the Blue Beret. Inspired by the wartime experience of her late father-in-law, Mason takes a departure from her Appalachian themed writing and has composed an unforgettable novel about an American World War II pilot shot down in occupied Europe.
5.) On Saturday, August 13th — Lexington
- Homegrown Authors at the Lexington Farmers Market — Matthew Haughton and David Kennedy
- Joseph-Beth Booksellers hosts Cynthia Ellingsen discussing and signing The Whole Package. The signing begins at 2:00pm
6.) On Tuesday, August 16th — Louisville — Self-publishing for Virgins author Peggy DeKay teaches How To Self Publish Your Book at the University of Louisville Shelby Campus from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm on four consecutive Tuesday nights beginning August 16th.