After what has felt like a long gap, Scottsdale fans are ready to embrace Season 9 of Project Runway. The show returns to Lifetime TV with host Heidi Klum, judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors, and everybody’s favorite Tim Gunn. What can fans expect from Season 9 and can it top the previous seasons full of drama and fashion?
Project Runway 2011 will start with 20 designers, the most the show has ever featured. Episodes will run 90-minutes again this season, and guest judges will include Zoe Saldana, Christina Ricci, Kim Kardashian, Malin Akerman and more. Unfortunately for several designers, some will never make it to the first challenge. The first episode has each of the 20 designers pleading their case for a spot with Tim, Nina, Michael and Heidi. Only 16 will move ahead to the first challenge.
Heidi Klum was on Good Morning America recently and shared some teasers from the first episode. The designers are awakened early the second morning by Tim Gunn knocking at their apartment door. He tells them that their first challenge is to create something made out of the pajamas they are wearing. Heidi shares that not everybody was wearing much, so they have to get quite creative right off the bat.
Season 9 of Project Runway was filmed in New York, and the finale fashion show will again be shot at New York Fashion Week at Lincoln Center. The contestants competing this season are:
- Amanda Perna, 25, hometown Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Anthony Ryan Auld, 28, hometown Linden, TX
- Anya Ayoung-Chee, 29, hometown Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
- Becky Ross, 38, hometown Calumet, MI
- Bert Keeter, 57, hometown Washington, DC
- Bryce Black, 26, hometown Twin Falls, ID
- Cecilia Motwani, 34, hometown Cordoba, Argentina
- Danielle Everine, 26, hometown Minneapolis, MN
- David Chum, 29, hometown Merong, Battaan, Philippines
- Fallene Wells, 29, hometown Las Vegas, NV
- Gunnar Deatherage, 21, hometown La Grange, KY
- Joshua McKinley, 25, hometown Cleveland, OH
- Joshua Christensen, 29, hometown Snohomish, WA
- Julie Tierney, 35, hometown Baton Roughe, LA
- Kimberly Goldson, 35, hometown Brooklyn, NY
- Laura Kathleen, 26, hometown St. Louis, MO
- Oliver Green, 22, currently residing in New York
- Rafael Cox, 27, hometown Alamogordo, NM
- Serena da Conceicao, 31, hometown Kingston, NY
- Viktor Luna, 30, hometown Guadalajara, Mexico
Will you be watching Project Runway 9? Tune in Thursday nights at 9 p.m. on Lifetime, channel 24 on Cox cable in the Scottsdale area.
What do you think? Comment at the bottom of this page.
If you liked this article, please share it via the Facebook or Twitter buttons, or “like” this page.
To receive the latest TV news via email, be sure to subscribe to this column.
Join my Facebook community or catch my latest articles via Twitter!