Online comparison shopping site PriceGrabber®, a part of Experian, announces its forecast of top products for the upcoming 2011 holiday season. The methodology used to develop this product list combined PriceGrabber internal Web analytics and secondary research (Google Trends, CNET and PCWorld).
“We expect all of the items on PriceGrabber’s top products list to make a splash this holiday season and generate significant consumer excitement,” stated Graham Jones, general manager of PriceGrabber. “This year, products in the tech category are likely to dominate, especially amid an emerging popularity in tablet computers and rampant anticipation over next-generation smartphones.”
Below are PriceGrabber’s top forecasted products for the 2011 holiday season (products are not ranked):
- Canon® EOS Rebel™ T2i DSLR : Canon’s 18-megapixel EOS Rebel T2i is a great entry-level digital SLR camera. It offers terrific image and video quality and has an audio-in jack to add sound to videos.
- Mattel® Loopz™ Game: This unique electronic game requires that a child has both memory and skill in order to be a winner. Players must mimic the action of the Loopz in the game to win points. This game is intended for small groups of one to four.
- Fisher-Price® Dance Star Mickey: This interactive Mickey Mouse™ plush toy walks, talks and dances to the most popular beats of all the Disney® classics.
- My Pillow Pets™: These pillows double as a toy that children can play with. They can be shaped like a dolphin, a dog or even a ladybug.
- eBook Reader (Amazon® Kindle 3™, Barnes & Noble® Nook™, Sony® Reader™): An eBook reader holds a consumer’s library, providing access to favorite book titles at one’s fingertips. eBook readers make it easy to take notes, save clippings of quotations and highlight passages.
- UGG® Australia Classic Short Boot: The Australian-brand unisex sheepskin boots are lined with fleece, have a nonslip rubber sole, wick away moisture to help feet stay dry and come in a variety of colors.
- Apple® iPod Touch™: Apple has added all of the most advanced features to its iPod Touch, allowing consumers to converse over FaceTime™, shoot scenes in HD and utilize the highest-resolution iPod™ screen to date.
- Apple® iPad 2™: The latest iPad was released in March 2011 and features an all-new thinner, lighter design equipped with two cameras for FaceTime and HD video recording, dual-core A5 chip and same 10-hour battery life.
- Kinect™ for Xbox 360™: Kinect allows consumers to control games and entertainment in extraordinary new ways, such as with the wave of a hand or the sound of one’s voice.
- Syma® S107/S107G RC Indoor Helicopter: At approximately 7.5 inches long, the brand-new three-channel gyro mini metal RC helicopter is one of the world’s newest, smallest and lightest RC helicopters. It charges directly either from the USB cable or from the controller, which uses AA batteries and has a full-function control for the perfect flight.
- Motorola® DROID 3™: Motorola DROID 3 is the successor of the Motorola DROID 2™. It comes with a 4-inch qHD display and has a 30 percent faster graphics chip than its predecessor, but it also sports a larger five-row keyboard. In addition, the new handset boasts 27 percent faster multitasking performance over the DROID 2 Global thanks to its 1GHz dual-core TI OMAP chip. The DROID 3 also is capable of recording 1080p full HD videos with its 8-megapixel rear camera.
Other notable products forecasted to be a hit during the holiday shopping season include the Apple® iPhone 5™, which is scheduled for release in fall 2011, and the LeapFrog® LeapPad Explorer, a personalized play and learning tablet for children and available on Aug. 20, 2011.
Click here for more NATIONAL business strategies news.