All other rapture claims are as easy to dispel with equal logic as the ones in part 3.
Now let’s look at a God given TYPE (from the Law and the prophets)
God has in fact shown the type of events that would take place from old times.
Look at the TYPE so you will recognize the antitype. Remember all things were written for our learning and according to the apostle Paul, the Old Testament instructions and happenings were SHADOWS of things to come.
- For instance, Paul says that when the children of Israel passed through the Red sea, they were baptized, in the cloud and in the sea, so that was a type of the Baptism that was to come.
1 Corinthians 10:2
Let’s look at the whole typing process of the children coming out of Egypt to see the others lessons
depicted by those events.
Just before they were to come out of Egypt they were to:
1. Find a lamb without blemish (Represents Christ) in type.
2. Kill that Lamb on 14th of Nisan (Represents Jesus’ Passover sacrifice) in type.
3. Leaving Egypt (a type for escaping sin and the devil)
4. 3 days later pass through the RED sea, (A type of Jesus’ resurrection and our baptism into it)
5. Some 50 days after leaving Egypt, on a SUNDAY, Moses brings down the Ten Commandments in STONE. (This is PENTECOST and represents the same 10 commandments, put into the heart BY THE SPIRIT) on the day of Pentecost as was done to and in the Disciples in the New Testament Acts.
6. Rebellion in wilderness (Represents the Apostasy that was to happen in the church and which has happened)
7. 40 years in wilderness (represents the long period of time from Christ’s sacrifice and after the apostasy, until the end of days)
8. 42 years it took from the day they left Egypt until they conquered the Promised Land. This represents the 42 months and the 3 and 1/2 years of the TRUBULATION. (At the end of which is the time of God’s wrath and Jesus’ takeover of the world) (Jesus name in Hebrew was the same as Joshua who led the children to the promise land.) Acts 7:45
Now consider another TYPE during this time:
ALL THOSE WHO WERE AFRAID and did not believe that they could prevail against the inhabitants of the land, were not allowed to go into the promised land. (This is dangerously similar to those that somehow now think we need to be HIDDEN in heaven and leave the fight for truth and light on earth)
NOW, lets look at, JUST STRAIGHT FORWARD SCRIPTURE:
Joel 2:31, “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.”….. Continue to part 5