One lucky Powerball winner purchased a $200,000 ticket in Rhode Island for the Wednesday, July 27, 2011 drawing. The RI lottery player matched the first five Powerball numbers, but not the red Powerball for a second-tier prize of $200,000, reported the official Powerball website.
Powerball Winning Numbers July 27, 2011
Wednesday’s winning Powerball numbers are 38, 40, 41, 51, 59, the Powerball number is 33, and the PowerPlay is X 2. No one matched all six Powerball numbers which were worth $111,000,000. The next Powerball jackpot on Saturday, July 30th will be an estimated $133,000,000 annuity, or $69,800,000 cash-value.
Powerball Winners July 27, 2011
Even though there were no Powerball jackpot winners on July 27th, there were plenty of happy high-tier lottery winners. One (1) Match 5 + 0 winner purchased a PowerPlay ticket in South Carolina and won $1,000,000. Had the Rhode Island player spent an extra dollar for the PowerPlay option, the Powerball winner would have won $1,000,000 instead!
In addition to the $200,000 Rhode Island ticket which was purchased at Hess Express, 1820 Boston Neck Road in North Kingstown, there were two (2) more $200,000 Match 5 + 0 winners. The lottery winners purchased their tickets in New Jersey and New York.
There were also thirty (30) Match 4 + Powerball winners for $10,000 each. Two (2) of those winners bought PowerPlay tickets, and when multiplied by the July 27th PowerPlay number of 2, automatically increased their winnings to $20,000.
When is the Next Powerball Drawing?
The next Powerball drawing will be held Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 10:59pm. The estimated jackpot is $133,000,000 annuity, or a one-time cash payout of $69,00,000 before taxes. The Powerball winning numbers are drawn live each Wednesday and Saturday evenings, and is played in 42 States, Washington D.C. and the US Virgin Islands. You can catch the live drawing on select TV stations around the country, or by viewing PowerBall Live online, also at 10:59pm ET.
Past Providence, Rhode Island Area Lottery Winners
- Rhode Island Lottery winner matches Powerball numbers on $10,000 ticket
- RI Lottery winner matches 5 Mega Millions numbers for $250,000
- Rhode Island Lottery winners: Powerball, Mega Millions, Keno, scratch tickets
- Rhode Island Mega Millions winner: $10,000 lottery ticket sold in Tiverton
- Rhode Island Lottery winners: $395,709 Wild Money ticket, Mega Millions, Keno
- Rhode Island Mega Millions winner claims $40,000 lottery prize
- Rhode Island Million Dollar Raffle winner Susan McKenna claims $1,000,000 prize
- Rhode Island Powerball winner Marc Lonchay claims $1,000,000 lottery prize
Looking for the latest Lottery Winners and Lottery Winning Numbers? Click the SUBSCRIBE BUTTON ABOVE to get an email when the Providence Lottery Examiner updates the latest breaking Lottery News!
Photo: sxc.hu; emsago