Southeastern Michigan has been in need of rain but it seems like Mother Nature is trying to make up for it all at once. Does a forecast of rain make you feel down hearted and sad? It may depend on your agenda but, in general, rain is a positive thing, not only for the obvious environmental reasons, but for your wellbeing also. Here are a few positives of a rainy day that are a bit out of the ordinary:
- It feels like and smells like the air is cleaner.
- The rhythm makes for a nice nap or good night sleep.
- Nature is providing a free car wash.
- It cools down a hot summer day.
- It brings to life a world full of vibrant colors.
- It provides a good excuse to stay in and perhaps watch a movie, read a book or play a board game.
- It makes mud and this can gift a great facial.
- It allows you to experiment with a new curly hairstyle.
- It causes you to slow down. This is necessary, on occasion, so you can regroup.
- It offers a universal promise of hope when a rainbow manifests in the sky.
This list can go on and on. The message here is to look for your silver lining even when a rain cloud shades the sun. Take advantage of the gift of growth not only from the rain but also from the physical and mental slow down it offers!
Click here for local Detroit “rainy day” activities.