Ray Paul sent us this information about the soundcheck for Paul McCartney’s second Montreal show July 27. As he often does, he made a few changes from the previous day:
While I did not personally attend the soundcheck on 7/27, I met up with someone I knew who did attend it. He said it lasted about one hour and fifteen minutes, and was attended by only 30 people. Paul was in a very good mood joking around and talking to the VIP attendees from the stage. My friend said that most of the soundcheck was the same as July 26, and that the only songs that were different were “Ebony & Ivory,” “Flaming Pie,” “C Moon” and one other that he could not remember.
There was also the usual signing of autographs:
Late in the soundcheck, Paul had his security bring a few people with signs to stand behind the 10th row. My friend’s wife was one of them chosen.
The show began at 8:45. The only unusual song put in tonight was “Things We Said Today.”
After “Yesterday”, Paul had Brian Riddle bring up only two people to get signed. Not as exciting as seeing Paul sign “Yoko” on Tuesday night.
There are also more new Paul McCartney pictures, both from the second show taken by Ray and from the first show by Marie Lacey. They’re all in the slideshow. The “Yoko” incident mentioned in Ray’s text was a funny moment from the first night when a Japanese fan, when asked what her name was by Paul, said “Yoko.” She’s pictured in Marie’s shots in the slideshow.
(Thanks very much to both of you for allowing us to use the pictures!)
- Beatles 101: Paul McCartney 2011 On the Run tour coverage checklist
© COPYRIGHT STATEMENT: This article is the original work of Stan. Under no circumstance may any portion of this article be broadcast, copied, published, rewritten or used without the permission of the author. Please feel free to link to this article, however. To purchase this or any other article by Stan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stan is the author of the Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, Vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll Examiner and TV on DVD Examiner columns on joltleft.com.
- If you love the Beatles and want to keep up with what’s really happening with them, be sure to subscribe to this column by clicking the button at the top of the page. (And don’t miss our Paul McCartney Examiner column at http://joltleft.com/paul-mccartney-in-national/steve-marinucci.)
- Your feedback and ideas are always welcome. Contact us at email@example.com.
- See all the Beatles Examiner columns: http://joltleft.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci
- Please join us on Twitter: @stevemarinucci and @beatlesexaminer (RT’s are much appreciated!)
- We’re now on Google+! Join us!
- Add us as a friend on our Beatles Examiner page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beatles-Examiner/372042379525 or our new Paul McCartney Examiner page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-McCartney-Examiner/185104808204671 on Facebook.
- And if you like this article, please share this article on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter, or Facebook!