Tonight is the first of two nights of Paul McCartney concerts at Yankee Stadium on the newly inaugurated On the Run Tour. As usual, McCartney and the band performed a pre-show soundcheck which, as always, features both Wings and Beatles songs along with a few surprises.
Here the complete soundcheck set list with instruments, thanks to Kris, Randy, Bob and Rory: (on Gibson guitar) “Get Back,” “Matchbox,” “Honey Don’t,” “Blue Suede Shoes,” (on piano) “C Moon,” “Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying,” “Celebration,” (Hofner bass) “Coming Up,” “Ebony & Ivory,” “All My Loving,” “Only Mama Knows,” “Magical Mystery Tour,” (acoustic guitar) “Midnight Special,” “The Sun Is Shining,” (mandolin) “Petroushka, “”Dance Tonight” “Leaning on the Lampost”, (acoustic guitar) “Yesterday” and (psychedelic piano) “Lady Madonna.” Rory also said he heard a little bit of “I Saw Her Standing There.”
Kris Tash said the temperature at the park was around 80 degrees and the weather was perfect for the show, which was to start at 8 p.m. ET.
We also have a couple of pictures from before the show in the slideshow thanks to Fred Velez.
© COPYRIGHT STATEMENT: This article is the original work of Stan. Under no circumstance may any portion of this article be broadcast, copied, published, rewritten or used without the permission of the author. Please feel free to link to this article, however. To purchase this or any other article by Stan, please email [email protected]
Stan is the author of the Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, Vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll Examiner and TV on DVD Examiner columns on joltleft.com.
- If you love the Beatles and want to keep up with what’s really happening with them, be sure to subscribe to this column by clicking the button at the top of the page. (And don’t miss our Paul McCartney Examiner column at http://joltleft.com/paul-mccartney-in-national/steve-marinucci.)
- Your feedback and ideas are always welcome. Contact us at [email protected]
- See all the Beatles Examiner columns: http://joltleft.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci
- Please join us on Twitter: @stevemarinucci and @beatlesexaminer (RT’s are much appreciated!)
- Add us as a friend on our Beatles Examiner page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beatles-Examiner/372042379525 or our new Paul McCartney Examiner page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-McCartney-Examiner/185104808204671 on Facebook.
- And if you like this article, please share this article on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter, or Facebook!