- See new photos of Paul McCartney at Tuesday’s Montreal Bell Centre show in the slideshow
Paul McCartney was featured on the front page of every Montreal newspaper Wednesday morning the day after his show Tuesday at the Bell Centre, according to Ray Paul, who was at the show. The media adored the show. The papers with huge McCartney stories included the Montreal Gazette, Metro Montreal, Le Devoir, La Presse and Le Journal de Montreal, which featured a double-truck wrap-around poster on the inside of the front and back pages.
“While having breakfast in a restaurant this morning, the radio station they had on (a hit top 40 station) was even talking about it with a listener,” Ray told us. “They then followed that up spinning ‘Ebony & Ivory.’
“And, you even hear the McCartney name being discussed in French by people walking the downtown streets,” he said. “Amazing!”
As we mentioned in our report on the soundcheck, one of five fans who were brought on stage during the soundcheck was responsible for a very memorable moment, which Ray Paul called “the funniest moment of the night.”
“When Paul asked the Japanese fan what her name was, and she replied ‘Yoko,’ the whole place broke up and Paul laughed with a priceless expression.” (You can see two pictures of her and Paul together in the slideshow.)
A second show at the Bell Centre takes place Wednesday night (July 27).
- Paul McCartney brings out ‘Come Home,’ blues song at Montreal soundcheck
- Paul McCartney surprises Montreal fans with White Album song added to classics
- Beatles 101: Paul McCartney On the Run tour coverage checklist
© COPYRIGHT STATEMENT: This article is the original work of Stan. Under no circumstance may any portion of this article be broadcast, copied, published, rewritten or used without the permission of the author. Please feel free to link to this article, however. To purchase this or any other article by Stan, please email [email protected]
Stan is the author of the Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, Vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll Examiner and TV on DVD Examiner columns on joltleft.com.
- If you love the Beatles and want to keep up with what’s really happening with them, be sure to subscribe to this column by clicking the button at the top of the page. (And don’t miss our Paul McCartney Examiner column at http://joltleft.com/paul-mccartney-in-national/steve-marinucci.)
- Your feedback and ideas are always welcome. Contact us at [email protected]
- See all the Beatles Examiner columns: http://joltleft.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci
- Please join us on Twitter: @stevemarinucci and @beatlesexaminer (RT’s are much appreciated!)
- We’re now on Google+! Join us!
- Add us as a friend on our Beatles Examiner page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beatles-Examiner/372042379525 or our new Paul McCartney Examiner page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-McCartney-Examiner/185104808204671 on Facebook.
- And if you like this article, please share this article on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter, or Facebook!