Paul McCartney, his daughter Stella and Roger Waters and other celebrities were among those in attendance at a performance by guitarist Gary Clark Jr. last Thursday at the 300-capacity Stephen Talkhouse in the Hamptons town of Amagansett, N.Y. You can see a picture of Paul and Waters taken by club owner Nick Kraus at left.
In the audience besides Paul McCartney were his daughter Stella, friend Angelica Huston, plus Roger Waters and Jon Bon Jovi. The New York Daily News reported Lorne Michaels of “Saturday Night Live” was also in attendance. The celebrities gave Gary Clark Jr. a couple standing ovations and the audience loved it, we’re told.
Gary Clark Jr., a 27-year-old guitarist from Austin, Texas, was recently the subject of a profile in Rolling Stone by Will Hermes. You can hear his song “Bright Lights” in the video at left.
(Thanks to Kris Krishna, Barb Pazmino and Jody Denberg.)
- Gary Clark Jr.’s website: http://www.garyclarkjr.com/
- Stephen Talkhouse website: http://www.stephentalkhouse.com/
© COPYRIGHT STATEMENT: This article is the original work of Stan. Under no circumstance may any portion of this article be broadcast, copied, published, rewritten or used without the permission of the author. Please feel free to link to this article, however. To purchase this or any other article by Stan, please email email@example.com.
Stan is the author of the Beatles Examiner (joltleft.com/x-2082-Beatles-Examiner), Paul McCartney Examiner (joltleft.com/x-34954-Paul-McCartney-Examiner), Vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll Examiner (joltleft.com/x-19248-Vintage-Rock-n-Roll-Examiner) and TV on DVD Examiner columns on joltleft.com (joltleft.com/x-10254-TV-on-DVD-Examiner).
- If you like our work, please subscribe.
- Your feedback and ideas are always welcome. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join us on Twitter: @stevemarinucci and @beatlesexaminer (RT’s are much appreciated!)
- We’re now on Google+! Join us!
- Look for pages for our columns on Facebook.
- If you like this article, please share this article on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter, or Facebook!