When you think of one pot meals, you might be asking yourself, Well there can’t be that many recipes that can be made in just one pot or is there? Shane is here to answer that question for you! You will be delighted to know that there are not only well over 100 recipes that he will share with you but they are flavorful, easy, and fun and will have your family salivating for more! Shane is here to bring back the fun in cooking again with many one pot recipes for friends and family! Even the most stubborn of in-laws will crack a content smile when they taste the yummy goodness of One Pot Meals!
Fall is just around the corner and Shane is suggesting the below recipe that will not only delight you and your family but will keep your belly warm during those cold months ahead! Who needs a sweater when you can have a nice big bowl of Chunky Soup to keep you warm!
1. 2 Leaks
2. 2 Tablespoons Parsley, Finely Chopped
3. 2 large Potatoes cut into 1/2″ piece cubes (Shane recommends red potatoes or if in season, try purple potatoes. Both have more nutritional value than a standard baked or gold potato.)
4. 16 Oz Can Cream Style Corn
5. 2 Teaspoons Butter
6. 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
7. 1 Pound Chicken Breasts cut into 1/2″ piece cubes
1. Cut off roots and tops of leeks. Discard coarse outer layers. Rinse and then pat dry. Slice leeks thinly.
2. In the pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
3. Add leeks and sauté for 2 minutes or until nice and tender.
4. Add broth, parsley and pepper to pot; bring to a boil.
5. Add potatoes and simmer 7 minutes.
6. Add chicken and simmer 8 minutes or until potatoes and chicken are tender.
6.1 Note: Please make sure your chicken is cooked all the way through. It still pink, cook longer.
7. Stir in corn. Heat through.
8. Season to taste
Shane recommends using Herbamare by A. Vogue. Add a little at a time as a little goes a long way. You can pick this up and a Whole Foods Store or any organic store. You could also buy it from drugstore.com where it maybe a little cheaper.
Shane also suggests garnishing with parsley or green onion and if you are really adventuresome, sprinkle a little parmesan cheese!
Coming soon: For those daring people that will venture out for fall and winter camping, Shane will be bringing you easy and fun recipes that can be cooked over an open flame! He will also bring you many more 1 pot recipes that can be cooked at home! Keep your pots handy and ready to be filled with yummy goodness!