Reported by Kathy M. Newbern and J.S. Fletcher
Urban Sip at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte has introduced a new tapas menu featuring ahi tuna tacos, prosciutto di Parma with smoked blue cheese and several added selections to accompany the popular wine and Scotch bar’s by-the-glass beverage offering.
Available this month, the new tapas menu is also complemented by the introduction of Urban Sip’s new Rooftop Honey Brandy Sour, a seasonal specialty cocktail made with fresh honey harvested from the LEED® Gold-certified hotel’s two rooftop beehives. Read our story about those fabulous bees here.
The new Urban Sip dining menu is highlighted by the following:
· Marinated Piave Vecchio Cheese with Caramelized Onions
· Prosciutto di Parma, Smoked Blue Cheese, Mission Fig Preserves
· Ahi Tuna Tacos, Mango and Avocado Salsa
· Steak Tartare, Poached Quail Egg, Toasted Brioche
· Serrano Ham, Roasted Tomato, Manchego, Grilled Bread
· White Bean and Warm Duck Confit Salad, Yukon Gold Chips
· Urban Sip BLT : Crispy Pork Belly, Heirloom Tomato, Butter Lettuce
· Parmesan French Fries, Basil Aioli
Open to the public and surrounded by spectacular views from the 15th floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, Urban Sip offers the region’s largest selection of premium wines by the glass, along with single malt Scotches, spirits, beers, artisanal cheeses, charcuterie, small bites, desserts and coffee.
Open Wednesday through Saturday evenings, Urban Sip has become Charlotte’s most popular new lounging and tasting environment, blending wine, food and style in a contemporary but comfortable and relaxed uptown setting, and offering complimentary valet parking and by-the-glass premium wine prices beginning at $9. Urban Sip’s new tapas selections start at $6. For more information, The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte and Urban Sip may be reached at 704.547.2244, or visit www.ritzcarlton.com/charlotte.
Read our story about our penthouse stay at the Ritz-Carlton, and our spa visit.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also enjoy these:
• Other Stories by Kathy M. Newbern
• Stories by J.S. Fletcher, International Travel Examiner
• Even more international stories and reports from this team
Luxury Travel Examiner Kathy M. Newbern and spouse, J.S. Fletcher, report on luxury destinations, spas and cruising around the globe. They are award-winning members of the Society of American Travel Writers and created YourSpaReport.com and YourNovel.com, their personalized romance novel business.