If using wooden skewers, but sure to soak them in water for an hour before using.
For everything needed to make this tasty and light dish, shop your local Meijer.
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves plus additional for garnish
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 skewers
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 large orange, peeled and sectioned
- Combine the lime juice, marmalade, 7 tablespoons of the olive oil, cilantro, soy sauce, garlic, and hot red pepper flakes in a medium bowl and whisk to blend. Using a measuring cup, remove 1/2 cup of the mixture, and refrigerate. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine thoroughly with the remaining marinade. Let marinate for one hour.
- Preheat a grill or broiler on medium.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towel and thread onto the skewers. Drizzle remaining tablespoon olive oil over the shrimp on both sides. Grill til the shrimp are cooked through, pink, and lightly charred, about 3 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook.
- Place the shrimp on plates and add avocado slices and orange segments. Season lightly with salt to taste. Drizzle each portion with the reserved dressing. Garnish with additional cilantro.