Besides Fresh Spinach Day, July 16 is also National Corn Fritters Day. What are corn fritters? Deep-fried, pan-fried or baked, these tasty treats are comprised of just a few basic ingredients. Although the origins of this national “holiday” are unknown, fritters originated in the American south. Often served as side dishes or snacks, fritters are also called Southern Bread.
But no matter what you call ‘em, corn fritters are just plain good! In honor of this annual holiday, why not whip up a batch of the crispy treats? Whether you prefer traditional, spicy or out-of-this-world, take a look at the fritter recipes listed below.
Corn Fritters Recipe Ideas
- Corn Fritters Recipe – This top-rated recipe calls for cornmeal mix, flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, butter, corn and vegetable oil.
- Corn Fritters – This Home Economics teacher shows you just how to make ‘em, step-by-step.
- Corn Fritters Casserole – This recipe also uses buttermilk and Neufchatel cream cheese.
- Bisquick Corn Fritters – This simple recipe calls for 5 ingredients – an egg, milk, Bisquick, whole kernel corn and pepper.
- Corn Fritters in Beer Recipe – ‘Nuff said!
- Taco Corn Fritters – This recipe calls for cooked hamburger, taco seasoning mix, honey and cheddar cheese!
- Green Chili Corn Fritters Recipe – Kick ‘em up a notch with this recipe from Betty Crocker. You’ll need original Bisquick mix, eggs, can corn, green chiles and salsa.
- Sweet Corn Fritters with Avocado Salsa – Sounds delish!
- Crispy Corn Fritters with Tomato Salad – Sandra Lee shares this simple recipe that calls for box corn muffin mix, egg, creamed corn, pesto, mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes, canola oil and seasoning.
- Corn Fritters – This recipe looks simply delicious! You’ll need almonds, shallots, garlic, red and green chilies, sea salt, sugar, corn, flour, egg and tapioca starch.
- Sweet Corn Fritters with Roasted Tomato – Chef Bill Granger shares his recipe with you.
- Salmon and Corn Fritters Recipe – Besides the traditional ingredients, you’ll need one can of salmon as well.
- Ham ‘N Corn Fritters Recipe – If you like ham, these bite-sized treats may be just the ticket!
- Crunchy Coconut Fritters – These fritters look too pretty to eat. Besides your basic ingredients, you’ll need coconut milk, unsweetened coconut, scallions and green chilies.
- Banana Corn Fritters – You’ve got your veggies and your fruit – you are good to go!
Happy National Corn Fritters Day! Enjoy!