Bambi 2 is a surprise hit (at least to me). Until this month, I hadn’t ever heard of Bambi 2. I’d never seen it as a child and didn’t know what in the world a sequel would be about. (It’s not ‘really’ a sequel – as it takes place in the middle of the first movie in the section of time after Bambi’s mom dies when he meets his father.)
Boy was I surprised with this one. My children (ages 2, 4, and 5.5 years old) were laughing out loud through the whole movie. I never expected that from a movie that is the follow up to a classic tale that, despite its lighthearted moments has one of the movie moments I’ve always thoguht was one of the sadest in animation.
But Bambi 2 has Bambi reuniting with his father, the Great Prince, who must now raise the young fawn and teach him the ways of the forest. But in the adventure of a lifetime, the proud parent discovers that there is much that he can learn from his spirited young son – something we can all do. Thumper, Flower, and Owl also return – along with some wonderful new friends.
Bonus features include:
- Friend Owl’s Forest Fun Games – Three interactive learning games
- Deleted song – “Sing the Day”
- Thumper’s Hurry Scurry interactive game
- Disney Sketch Pad: Learn to draw Thumper
- Bambi II – The Legacy Continues
- Bambi’s Trivia Tracks – Pop-up text reveals fun facts about the movie
You can find a $5 off coupon HERE.
Follow me on Twitter @AngeleExaminer.