Major League Gaming fans are in for yet another weekend of fun and competition as MLG Anaheim starts tomorrow and runs through July 31st. Anaheim is the third stop out of six on the 2011 Pro Circuit. There will be over $120,000 in prizes and stipends on the line as thousands of players compete in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty on PC, Call of Duty: Black Ops on PS3, and of course Halo: Reach on Xbox 360. Team Instinct is coming off a huge win at last month’s event in Columbus but will they be able to pull off two in a row?
The competition isn’t the only thing that spectators on-site will be able to enjoy. Here is a list of some of the other stuff fans should look for throughout the weekend:
- MLG Booth: Visit the MLG booth all weekend long for an opportunity to meet and play against MLG Pro Players, compete in the Black Ops FFA, watch the AR.Drone synchronized flight show and participate in the new MLG booth challenge to win cool prizes.
- Sony Ericsson, official mobile handset of MLG: Attendees can purchase the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY onsite for the new price of $99 and receive an additional MLG exclusive offer for $20 off the handset. New 2-year activation and data pack required.
- Dr Pepper, official soft drink of MLG: Stop by for play-a-Pro sessions, signings, Text-to-Win promotions with an array of prizing, and a chance to meet the new Dr Pepper Girls.
- BIC® Flex4® Razors, official razor of MLG: Play Halo: Reach in the BIC® Flex4® Live FFA (free-for-all or individual) competition. One winner will be flown to the National Championships to compete for $4,000. Plus, participate in a text-2-win promotion for a chance to win cool gaming gear like an ASTRO A40 Audio System.
- PlayStation®, official partner of MLG: Get early access to pre-release games at the PlayStation Compound. Experience the PlayStation® Move Sharp Shooter attachment, stereoscopic 3D gaming and compete with friends for amazing prizes.
- STRIDE, official gum of MLG: Participate in unique challenges throughout the weekend and receive Pro Player autographs.
- Alienware, the official desktop of MLG: Experience the most powerful desktops available at Alienware gaming stations throughout the venue.
- ASTRO, the official headset of MLG: Stop by the ASTRO booth to check out and buy the latest gear – the A40 2011 and A30 pro gaming headsets.
- Parrot AR.Drone, official Augmented Reality Gaming Toy of MLG: Have fun racing these flying quadricopters against MLG pro players for the best time in an obstacle course for a chance to win a FREE AR.Drone. Try your flight skills in the AR.Drone cage, qualify for the competition, and get ProPlayer autographs plus free swag all weekend.
- Army National Guard: Visitors can test their strength in a push-up competition, participate in a Call of Duty high score competition for a chance to win great prizes and giveaways, and partake in the Augmented Reality Uniform Experience to see themselves in a National Guard uniform.
Can’t make it out to the event? No problem! Head on over to www.majorleaguegaming.com to watch all the action live and for free! Coverage begins at 5:10 PM PDT.