For those who have never had the pleasure of living in a city with a vibrant urban parks system, it’s hard to imagine the many uses and benefits that urban parks offer to downtown workers, residents, and visitors. Louisville Waterfront Park is the front door to Kentucky, a playground for people of all ages, and a gathering place for folks from all over the community. It offers a grand view of the river, space for concerts and festivals, quiet places to read a book, picnic spaces for your family and friends with a total of 85 acres.
The Louisville Waterfront Park offers a full array of events throughout the year, which also helps the local businesses in the vicinity. From the playgrounds to the Great Lawn and Festival Plaza, Waterfront Park is camera ready.
The Louisville Waterfront Park events for September include:
- September 2-4Worldfest, which celebrates the diverse culture and heritage of the Louisville with world-class music and food on the Belvedere from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- September 10 Walk to End Alzheimer’s, the nation’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research on the South Great Lawn, registration at 8:30 a.m., walk begins at 9:30 a.m.
- September 10 Belle of Louisville Dockside Dance Party from 7:00 p.m. to midnight.
- September 14 Roots & Shoots Peace Day Celebration on the Big Four Lawn 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- September 16-18 Fleur de Lis Sailing Regatta on the Great Lawn Harbor
- September 17 Conquer Chiari Walk Across America on the South Great Lawn from 1:00-6:00 p.m.
- September 17 National Jug Band Jubilee at the Brown-Forman Amphitheater from noon to 11:00 p.m.
- September 18 The Hunger Walk on the Festival Plaza, the walk starts at 2:00 p.m.
- September 21 WFPK Waterfront Wednesdays on the Big Four Lawn starting at 5:00 p.m.
- September 24 Kentuckiana Start! Heart Walk on the South Great Lawn from 8:00 a.m.-noon
- September 24 Riverfront Heritage Walks with Historian Rick Bell, starts at the Belle of Louisville and ends at the Lincoln Memorial, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- September 24 Rally for Recovery at the Brown-Forman Amphitheater from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- September 25 19thAnnual Louisville AIDS Walk & Pet Walk at the Belvedere from noon to 5:00 p.m.
- September 25 Waterfront Heritage Walks with Hi Historian Rick Bell, starts at the Belle of Louisville and ends at the Lincoln Memorial, from 2:00-3:30 p.m.