It’s a safe bet that every mom (and dad) has forewarned their daughters that a man will say anything to get them into bed. Well, it’s often true. The problem with newbie daters (and even the pros on the dating circuit) is knowing how to spot the lie.
I put out the word to the testosterone-laden residents of San Antonio and asked them “What lies do men tell to get women into bed?”
- “I’m a reporter for Rolling Stone” (and this from my own brother, Bill! Sorry, ladies)
- “I only have 24 hours to live!” (I don’t know this guy!)
- “I don’t know if I can ever trust another woman after my ex-girlfriend cheated on me.” (Playing the sympathy card)
- “I’m an up and coming rapper/singer.” (Sure you are)
- “I’m hung like a horse!” (Almost never proves to be true; and then you just feel dumb for looking!)
- “I love you” (If you’ve only known him a day, a week, or a month, and he’s tried every other way to get you naked, don’t trust this line!)
- “You’re the only one for me, baby.” (Just as bad as “I love you”, but with less desperation)
- “I’m older now, and I’ve changed my ways.” (Note to self: Leopards never change their spots. A dog is always a dog no matter how old it gets!)
- “I’m a single father”. (This is right up there with not being able to trust again after a cheating girlfriend. It’s a transparent bid for sympathy.)
Some of these lines could, in the right circumstance, be absolutely sincere. It’s up to women to dig a little deeper and get the 411 on a man before she drops trow. Want to know if he’s a single father? Ask his friends, his neighbors, or look for those tell-tale signs of a child in his life; car seat, toys on the floor, a child’s bedroom, etc. Not sure if he’s the “changed man” he claims to be? Again, ask the people who know him best. It never hurts to ask a man’s female friends if they would date him if they weren’t already attached elsewhere. Look for recommendations from his circle and even ask your own friends what they think. It’s good to get an objective opinion that isn’t clouded by raging hormones clamoring to jump a guy before knowing if he’s worth the leap.
As for lines like “I only have 24 hours to live”, wait 24 hours! If he’s still alive, kick him in the shins and tell him he’ll have to work harder than that to have a taste of your goodies. Only believe “I love you” if it’s stated AFTER you’ve had sex several times, and/or it’s preceded by a big diamond ring.
Unless you’re looking for a one night stand, use a little discretion and a lot of common sense. Never take anything at surface value; especially a horny man!
Best Singles Scenes in San Antonio; Sneaky Sunday Review
Follow me on Facebook and TWITTER! …and check out my blog covering all other topics – One Pissed Wet Cat
Download HARVEST, a sci-fi short story from author, Michele Gwynn, available on Barnes & Noble online for NOOK, Kindle, and Kobo eReaders.
All articles by Michele Gwynn are under copyright and cannot be re-posted whole without written consent by the author. Partial re-posting with a link back to the original article is permitted. For consent, questions, or comments, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you like this article? You can receive the next one directly into your email by clicking “SUBSCRIBE” at the top of the page.
In addition to this local column, and her work as a Freelance Journalist in San Antonio, Michele Gwynn is also the National Animal Rights Examiner. Her love of pets began at an early age with a stray cat named Harvey, and a dying field mouse named Tucker. She is a pet parent to four cats, and an animal rights champion to all critters, large and small. Visit her animal rights column here.
Comments are always welcome, but SPAM is not. Spam comments will be removed immediately.
Continue reading on joltleft.com Sexy gadgets: The Tantra chair – San Antonio Sex and Relationships | joltleft.com joltleft.com/sex-and-relationships-in-san-antonio/sexy-gadgets-the-t…