Did you know that the majority of the 12 million head lice cases seen annually occur in preschool and elementary school-aged children?
To support the fight against lice, Fairy Tales Hair Care announced the launch of its first iPhone application, The Facts of Lice™. The first and only app to provide real time alerts of lice outbreaks at the local level, the free app is available at www.itunes.com/appstore.
“With 85% of school districts reporting head lice, busy parents need to be informed about outbreaks in their own communities as quickly as possible,” said Risa Barash, Founder of Fairy Tales Hair Care. “The Facts of Lice app allows parents to track lice outbreaks in their own neighborhood so they’ll know when it’s time to increase prevention efforts at home.”
With a few simple clicks to the iPhone, the app provides parents with a centralized database for outbreak notifications, as well as the tools needed to prevent, combat and report outbreaks.
Locations are organized by state and zip code, allowing parents to easily keep tabs on lice outbreaks in local communities across the U.S. Features include the:
- Outbreak tab, providing real time alerts on reported lice outbreaks. Simply search by state and zip code and the app will instantly confirm if an outbreak has been reported in that area within the past four weeks
- Report tab, allowing parents, caregivers and school nurses to report current outbreaks by zip code in real time
- Prevention tab, providing easy guidelines on how to prevent and check for lice if an outbreak has been reported in your area
- Removal tab, featuring instructions on how to remove nits and lice if an outbreak has already occurred in your home
- News tab, reporting the latest lice news and information from Fairy Tales Hair Care
Prevention-minded parents can also help ward off outbreaks with regular use of the Fairy Tales Hair Care Rosemary Repel collection, the natural line of hair care products for children proven to effectively and safely repel lice from the hair.
“We are committed to helping keep kids’ hair healthy and bug free – without the use of chemical ingredients. With The Facts of Lice app and regular use of our Rosemary Repel products, families will have all the tools they need to safely defend themselves against a lice outbreak,” said Barash.
Click here for more business strategies news.