(Los Angeles) On Tuesday, August 16, 2011, at 11 a.m., three male Black suspects entered a jewelry store located in the 3200 block of Wilshire Boulevard. One of the suspects held the security guard at gun point while the other two smashed the glass jewelry cases with a hammer.
During the robbery, the suspects removed thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from the display cases. The suspects then ran out the back door. Outside the store, they encountered the parking lot security guard, a male Korean, who they bludgeoned in an attempt to escape.
The suspects then tried to carjack a vehicle driven by a Korean woman but were unsuccessful.
The suspects then carjacked a Korean man for his 2001 white GMC Savana van with a California License Plate 6T97736.
A third vehicle, a green Toyota van was seen leaving the scene by the third suspect. The stolen green van was reported earlier to police and was found abandoned about one mile away from the jewelry store.
The parking lot security guard was initially listed in critical condition and is now in stable condition.
The following are descriptions of the wanted suspects:
- Suspect 1:Male Black approximately 20-25 years-old, 5’08”-6’00” tall and weighed approximately 180-200 pounds. Suspect 1 was seen wearing dark pants, white, long sleeve hooded shirt with blue jeans.
- Suspect 2:Male Black approximately 20-25 years-old, 5’08”-6’00” tall and weighed approximately 180-200 pounds. Suspect 2 was seen wearing a grey hoodie sweatshirt.
- Suspect 3:Male Black approximately 20-25 years-old, 5’08”-6’00” tall and weighed approximately 180-200 pounds. Suspect 3 wore a dark baseball hat, dark jacket, white shirt and dark pants.
The community should consider the suspects armed and dangerous.
See the video in its entirety here.
- If you have any additional information regarding this crime, or the involved individuals please contact Olympic Robbery Detectives at 213-382-9103.
- During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7.
- Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477).
- Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters “LAPD.” Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on “webtips” and follow the prompts.