July 30th has got to be one of the very best days of the year! It’s National Cheesecake Day! After all, who can resist a heapin’ helpin’ of this super-creamy, decadent dessert?
Cheesecake has been eaten for centuries. Many believe cheesecake originated on the Greek Island of Samos more than 4,000 years ago. Today, cheesecake is available in a wide variety of flavors and styles. Whether you prefer your pie smothered with cherries, loaded with chocolate, New York or Philadelphia style, Americans love cheesecake!
So far this week, we’ve celebrated National Lasagna Day, National Milk Chocolate Day and National Hamburger Day, but National Cheesecake Day has ‘em all beat!
In honor of the annual “holiday,” several restaurant chains are offering free or discounted deals on cheesecakes.
- Anthony’s Cheesecake in Bloomfield, New Jersey, is celebrating the event by giving away free cheesecake bites between 10:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. today.
- Michigan’s Peteet’s Famous Cheesecakes is giving away a free slice of cheesecake to the first 100 customers on July 30th, from 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. You’ll also receive 20 percent discount on your other purchases too.
- The Cheesecake Factory is offering a half-off special in honor of National Cheesecake Day. “Any Slice at Half-Price” special, one slice per guest for dine-in only. The chain is also debuting a brand new flavor today – Hershey’s Chocolate Bar Cheesecake. Imagine diving into layers of rich, creamy chocolate cheesecake, chocolate cake, ganache, chocolate chips and frosting?
15 Decadent Cheesecake Recipes
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bottom Cheesecake – Fair warning –this rich dessert is not for the faint-of-heart. Even the photograph will leave you drooling!
- Vanilla Cheesecake Lollipops – Perfection and adorable too! These are perfect for parties, bridal or baby showers. Heck, any occasion will do!
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pops Recipe – Speaking of pops, this rich recipe calls for brown sugar, cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla extract, creamy peanut butter, vegetable shortening and chocolate chips.
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake – This recipe calls for cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, white and brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, butter and cherry pie filling.
- Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake Recipe – If you love the Cheesecake Factory, and who doesn’t, check out this copycat recipe.
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Recipe – This vegan dessert calls for vegan margarine, nondairy cream cheese, Oreo cookie crumbs, sugar, lemon, vanilla and cornstarch.
- Turtle Cheesecake – ‘Nuff said!
- Tiramisu Cheesecake Recipe – You’ll need Nilla wafers, instant coffee, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder and whipped topping for this recipe.
- Ice Cream Cheesecake – You’ll need pretzels, butter, sugar, cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, limeade concentrate and French vanilla ice cream for this cool recipe.
- Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake – You’ll need cream cheese, Davincci Kuhuli Caffe syrup, heavy cream, sour cream, pecans and eggs for this dessert.
- Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe – If you want refreshing, you’re in luck! This no-bake dessert calls for fat-free cream cheese, low-fat yogurt, limeade concentrate, sugar, unflavored gelatin and graham cracker crumbs.
- Praline Cheesecake Recipe – You’ll need gingersnap cookie crumbs, butter, 4 packages of cream cheese, sugar, flour, maple syrup or vanilla extract, eggs, caramel sauce and almond brickle chips.
- Margarita Cheesecake Recipe – Kick it up a notch with this recipe! You’ll need reduced-fat cream cheese, light sour cream, sugar, Triple sec or other orange-flavored liqueur, tequila, lime juice and a graham cracker crumb crust – recipe included.
- Cheesecake Martini – Now you’re talking! Now you can have your cake and drink it too! Check out this delish cocktail that calls for vodka, heavy cream, raspberry-flavored liqueur and sour mix. Yum!
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cocktail – You’ll need White Crème de Cacao, Black Raspberry Liqueur, cream cheese, vanilla ice cream and crushed ice for this cocktail.
Get your fork out and enjoy!