Got a mate who might need a little more romance awareness? August is Romance Awareness Month, the perfect time to plan your end-of-the-summer romantic escape. Whether he or she needs a little amorous adventure or tender travel, a country inn is the ideal choice to add a little subtle romance awareness. Why? Because inns offer the personalized experience that hotels simply can’t pull off, adding that dose of intimacy that simply leaving the light on won’t accomplish at a hotel or motel. Fine linens, in-room fireplaces and double whirlpool tubs, incredibly luxurious beds and plenty of places for private talks and walks all add up to the kinds of distinctive intimate escapes that inns and B&Bs offer.
Looking for love in all the wrong places? Of course, the first step is booking your romantic escape at a B&B or inn within a one-tank drive from Boston. There are literally thousands of choices within an hour or two from Bean Town. Once there, here are five tips for hitting him or her over the head with romance this August.
- Look through the inn’s website and be sure to have his or her favorite flowers, chilled wine or champagne and/or chocolates waiting in the room. Wow your mate right from the gate!
- Allow your innkeepers to make a reservation for the best table at the inn’s restaurant or their favorite romantic bistro in town. You might even consider a private ensuite dinner, if the inn will allow it.
- Bring your mate’s favorite music on your iPod or a CD, and work with your innkeeper to have “your song” playing when you arrive or return from dinner. Write a mushy card or poem to your mate and work with your innkeeper to leave it for him or her on the pillow at arrival or after dinner.
- Don’t plan a packed schedule! Be sure to keep the time you’re there open for plenty R, R and R – rest, romance and relaxation. Once you get to any of the DINE inns, you’ll find the environment so relaxing, you’ll want to simply enjoy it together rather than rush out.
- Splurge and stay an extra day. It takes busy, active couples a day to relax, and then it takes a day to gear-up to go back. Take the extra day and night to focus on romance; it’s an investment in the heart that you won’t regret.
Whether it’s Romance Awareness Month or Date Your Mate Month, inns and B&Bs are simply the Better way to stay. To learn more about how B&Bs are a better choice than motels and hotels for your next trip, visit www.BetterWayToStay.com.
Looking for some great ideas for finding a romantic B&B? Try these consortiums within an hour or more from Boston:
Classic Inns of Historic Cape Cod Bay
Country Inns in the White Mountains or B&Bs in Mt Washington Valley, NH
Historic Inns of Rockland, Maine
Distinctive Inns of New England