The first Sunday in August is Friendship Day, an annual “holiday” that celebrates and honors those very special people in our lives – friends.
According to some websites, the United States Congress formally dedicated the first Sunday in August as Friendship Day back in 1935. Since then, people all over America as well as some other nations, have recognized and celebrated the special and unique bond of friendship on Friendship Day.
Because friends add so much to our lives and help make life worth living, today is the perfect opportunity to reach out to that long-lost friend or brand new BFF and remind them how much you appreciate them.
25 Fabulous Quotes & Sayings Just for Friends
- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Friends are born, not made.” – Henry B. Adams
- “Friendship is one mind in two bodies.” – Mencius
- “It takes a long time to grow an old friend.” – John Leonard
- “A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Unknown
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Friendship is love without wings.” – Lord Byron
- “Never explain – your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.” – Elbert Hubbart
- “The friend is the man who knows all about you and still likes you.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “In a friend you find a second self.” – Isabelle Norton
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
- “A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half cracked.” – Unknown
- “The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
- “A friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be somewhere else.” – Anonymous
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – President Woodrow Wilson
- “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” – Aristotle
- “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Unknown
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
- “Friendship and money: oil and water.” – Mario Puzo
- “The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.” – Unknown
Happy Friendship Day!
And speaking of holidays, today is also Sister’s Day, National Kids Day and International Forgiveness Day.
Brainy Quote. Friendship Quotes
Friendship. Friendship Quotes
CoolNSmart. Best Friends Quotes and Sayings