Children typically learn more and understand concepts better when they manipulate the material they are studying in some way and graphic organizers provide a great way for them to do just that. Just like manipulatives help children learn math concepts, you can think of graphic organizers as manipulatives for words and information.
Graphic organizers have many names including visual maps, mind mapping, and visual organizers. Graphic organizers are visual representations of a text, topic or idea. The organizers provide templates or frames for students to identify facts, to organize information and to record relationships.
When wanting to use a graphic organizer within my homeschool, I’ve spent time (a lot of time) searching the web for those specific organizers that fit a particular lesson. So to make things easier, I have developed a Graphic Organizer download specifically for homeschoolers. Preview the Graphic Organizer download now! The download contains over 80 templates so it will most likely have any organizer you’ll ever need. To download, click here. (You’ll find the download under “Certificates, Templates and Paper” section as Over 80 Graphic Organizers 4 homeschool.)
The download is 89 pages so if you plan to print it out all at one time, you may be looking to buy some printing supplies. If you are like me, I seem to run out of ink and paper way too quick! If you don’t already have a favorite office supply store in mind in the Littleton area, below is a list of stores where you can find the supplies you’ll need:
- Office Depot
8051 South Broadway, Littleton
(303) 734-4778 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (303) 734-4778 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
8055-3 West Bowles Ave Suite 3, Littleton
(720) 981-0276 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (720) 981-0276 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
5136 S Wadsworth Blvd, Littleton
(303) 933-0015 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (303) 933-0015 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Mardel Christian and Education Supply
4887 South Wadsworth Way, Littleton
(303) 904-6015 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (303) 904-6015 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Click here to ‘Subscribe’ to Lynda’s Homeschooling articles!
* SHARE THIS ARTICLE: Simply click the Facebook ‘Like’ and Twitter icons above.
* Follow Lynda on twitter: ExaminerWriter2
* Join Lynda on the Christian Home School Hub – Meet, Be Encouraged & Share Resources with other homeschooling families! (Membership is FREE)
Read other Homeschooling Articles from this Examiner
Would you like to write for Examiner? Find out more!