Foster Parents; The importance of Heritage?
Part 1 of 5.
We are going to do something a little different in this series. We never discuss personal experiences, but sometimes examining a word is better emphasized by seeing the meaning through another’s eyes, through someone experience, we will tell you about that experience a little later on.
- This examiner knows we never stop learning, and out of each experience comes a new birth of understanding. Most of us who are, or have served as foster parents have an experience in our own history, good or bad, it made us understand how badly these children need someone in their lives, hence; we became foster parents.
You see, as human beings, as we learn we share experiences with one another, our support group is about assisting one another through those experiences, allowing all of us to develop, learn thus becoming less naive, as we travel these roads. ie; have you ever wonder why you have gone through the things you have, the CPS experience for instance? What did you learn from this experience? Are you still fostering now?
- Why you made the life choices you have, or taken the college courses, you did? You would be surprised how many individuals who graduate from college with one particular profession plan in mind then go on a little voyage of life experience that winds up taking them on an entirely different direction. What was that did you ask why the change? They are now marching to a different drum.
- You can bet that an episode set them on that different path.
Possibly an experience like this.
- One kind gentle person took the time to teach a child who needed extra help with homework, a child who responds to someone who cares enough to take the time. The child’s past heritage has not changed the course of his future has changed forever. The lives of both of these people are changed.
- You see, our college graduate teacher becomes a coach and older brother in his spare time. He saw that in a life experience. Then because, he discovered he could make a difference in the life of this one child he decided to pursue this as a career choice. His thinking; any one graduating from college can do the job he was set to do, however, not everyone can coach or serve as a big brother, he now realizes he is talented, has a knack for reaching kids, can enrich a child’s life and give them the gift of fair play, sportsmanship, and general knowledge of life
- Does this sound like any foster parents you know? Why we do what we do? To make a difference in even one child’s life is our goal. But why stop with one?
As you look back on the roads that you have traveled, each fork in the road has caused you to take a detour, from this day on all future relatives paths has drastically been changed by one act of kindness, by this one person who is now a football coach which leads to our subject today; heritage.
Read on, go to part 2…..Subscribe so you won’t miss any of our articles.