A Comparative look at licensing?
Part 2 of 6
In part 1 of this series, we presented an article to you that we read. It was published in the Associated Baptist Press on July 29th, 2011.
The headline, Advocates seek foster parents in churches. By Norman Jameson. This sparked interest and demanded a comparison because of a statement made in this article, which was. He said, “while the stipend for foster parenting is about $600 monthly, depending on a child’s age and behavior level, Henry said his agency “wants to attract families who see this is a ministry, not as a way to earn extra money.
He went on to say; “we feel going through the churches provides us a built-in filter.” Here, is the Link
Suggested reading Empty nesters vulnerable Link Part 1 / Part 2
This statement prompted us to take a look at his state of NC and just for curiosity sake see what the qualifications are. It sounds as if NC has a problem, as most states are with attracting families to foster as a ministry.
Here, is the list of qualifications for NC.
- Foster Care Facility License Action Request. /Family Foster Home License Application.
- Fire Safety Inspection Report. / Environmental Conditions Checklist.
- Medical History Form. / Request for Medical Information.
- TB test results. / Fingerprint Clearance Letters for each applicant and household members 18 years old and up.
- NC statement; Part I C. Criminal History & Background Check: If there is a criminal history and/or a CPS history, a letter of advocacy signed by the Director or Agency Head will be needed. It should state agency’s position regarding licensure of the individual, how they have overcome any negative history, and their ability to provide safe, nurturing care for children in foster care. Here, is the link to this website.
Take a closer look at Part l C read the paragraph carefully.
Did you read it? It clearly states if there is a criminal history and or a CPS history, a letter of advocacy signed by the director or agency head is needed. Is this then how they overcome any negative history? Would, you want people with a negative, criminal history caring for your children? Child care workers, day care workers with a criminal history?
This wording sparked curiosity, we went fishing, another expedition in research. Just for fun let us go check on other states. Ready?
- State of Washington. A negative tuberculosis test or an X ray.
Keep reading it gets even more interesting. Subscribe then you will be notified when we publish.