So, the feather fashion trend is getting a ton of press lately! From hipsters sporting them all around Chicago to the boho girls who started it off at some indie music fest like Coachella or SXSW, the trend is everywhere. You can go to a multitude of Chicago locations to get them put in or you can go the DIY route. Unless you’re super fancy and very (I’m stressing VERY) coordinated, I’d suggest skipping the try at home and have a professional do them for you!
A few months ago, I recall reading an ABC articleabout how the feather trend was getting some US fishermen upset! Oh! The controversy of the latest beauty trend! Apparently, some companies were using the “REAL” feathers that were genetically bred. Now, I’m an animal lover. I do eat chicken though. BUT, I sure don’t condone the fisherman raising roosters just to pluck ‘em and it seems like a lot of the birds don’t survive. What I do condone, though, is being fashionably conscious. Who says you need to use real feathers?! There are a ton of artificial ones out there, that look just as good and last just as long.
This is where Mario Tricoci comes in ladies. Yes, one of my fave Chi town salons, I’m not gonna front! Anyhoo, the lovely Mario is now hooking up Chicago fashionistas with hair extensions. The brand that they are carrying is the Maddyloo feather extensions and they definitely channel your inner 70’s free spirit. You see celebs like The Real Housewives’ Camille Grammar and even young starlets like Vanessa Hudgens sporting the look and of course it looks fabulous. These extensions can be shampooed, blow-dried, worn straight, or even curled for the ultimate versatile, natural look.
Also, if you haven’t been keeping up, the Mario Make Me a Model Contest is in full swing! The Contestants were finally chosen and they will get a full makeover, modeling lessons and the opportunity to compete for: consideration for a contract with Factor Women and a five-night Apple Vacations trip for two to Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun, Mexico, which includes meals and drinks at the resort, round-trip airfare, and limousine transportation to Chicago O’Hare for the trip. The winner will also receive $500 in COSE cosmetics from Mario Tricoci; a year’s supply of vitaminwater; and a one-year membership to Fitness Formula Clubs.
Here is a list of the finalists!
· Juni Juhyun Park – Skokie, IL
· Elizabeth Slamar – Chicago, IL
· Jenna Marie Rothmund – Lombard, IL
· Brett William Velon – Orland Park, IL
· Michelle Zhang – Lisle, IL
· Ryan Ebeling – Villa Park, IL
· Alexandra Rae Petro – Orland Park, IL
· Kristy Nicole Weidenhoefer – Orland Park, IL
· Jessica Lori Ballaro – Matteson, IL
· Caroline Michele Childs – Woodridge, IL
· Brittney Ann Gergen – Schaumburg, IL
· Ciara Ann Lebamoff – Naperville, IL
· Rafi Safari – Aurora, IL
· Clare Rose Olson – Riverside, IL
· Tochi Ben Ibe – Chicago, IL
· Mercedes Janell Johnson – Chicago, IL
· Carly Jean Sarachman – Kent City, MI
· Lynn Michelle Tatge – Mount Prospect, IL
· Mora Anne Connelly – Palos Park, IL
· Katharine Lynn Lewis – Chicago, IL
· Zachary Ross – Chicago, IL
· Shelbee Ashton Candreva – Manteno, IL
· Amanda Maria Lavine – Countryside, IL
· Nicole Jeanine Zabrinas – Tinley Park, IL
· Hayley Christine Finkelman – Naperville, IL
· Brianna Louise Koren – Manhattan, IL
· Crystal Diamond Simpson – Bolingbrook, IL
· Nicole Beth Prusinski – Elburn, IL
· Joanna Krystyna Strielec – Arlington Heights, IL
· Oksana Motuzyuk – Chicago, IL
· Jonathan Pedersen – Wonder Lake, IL
· Samantha Lula – Schiller Park, IL
· Laura Patricia Almazan – Homer Glen, IL
· Alexandra Grace Cangelosi – Orland Park, IL
· Allison Marie Restko – Orland Park, IL
· Brittany Ann Halloran – Tinley Park, IL
· Elyse Maria Laxton – Homewood, IL
· Megan Lynn Graveline – Bourbonnais, IL
If you’re up for a fun change, definitely stop by Mario’s and get your hair did! Check out Mario online to get the latest details and find a location near you! Remember, you can always keep up with the CFTE on Facebook and Twitter or at The Fashion Revolucion Blog!