Browse this list of famous people who were once Cheerleaders. You might be surprised who is on this list.
- President George W. Bush was a Cheerleader at Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, our thirty-fourth President, excelled in sports including cheerleading.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, our thirty-second President, was a football Cheerleader at Harvard.
- Ronald Reagan, our fourtieth President, was once a Cheerleader.
- Thad Cochran, US Senator from Mississippi, was a Head Cheerleader while attending the University of Mississippi.
- Aaron Spelling was once a Cheerleader, as well as an actor.
- Halle Barry, model turned actress was a Cheerleader, an honor society member, editor of the school paper, and class president in high school.
- Alicia Silverstone was a Cheerleader before her roles in “Clueless” and “Batman.”
- Ann-Margret is a Swedish born actress who starred in many movies was once a Cheerleader.
- Calista Flockhart of Ally McBeal fame was a high school Cheerleader in Medford, NJ.
- Cybill Sheppherd was once a Cheerleader.
- Jamie Lee Curtis known for screaming in movies can be attributed to the fact she was once a Cheerleader.
- Jimmy Stewart made over eighty motion pictures in his career, but before acting he was a Cheerleader.Singer and actress,
- Mandy Moore was a Pop Warner Cheerleader. She also plays a Cheerleader in the movie ‘The Princess Diaries.”
- Meryl Streep was nominated for her first Academy Award for her role in her first film “The Deer Hunter.”Like father, like son.
- Michael Douglas not only resembles his dad, Kirk, but followed in his footsteps as an actor and Cheerleader.
- Raquel Welsh is sex symbol of the sixties is said to have once been a Cheerleader.
- Sally Field is an Academy Award winning actress, who starred in “The Flying Nun”, “Norma Rae”, “Mrs. Doubtfire”, and “Forrest Gump.”
- Samuel L. Jackson is a talented actor who starred in “Pulp Fiction”, “Shaft”, “A Time to Kill”, and “Die Hard 3” was a Cheerleader.
- Sandra Bullock attended Arlington’s Washington-Lee High School, where she was a cheerleader and was voted “Most Likely to Brighten Your Day.”
- Steve Marin, a famous comedian was a Cheerleader.
- Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Cameron Diaz, Eva Longoria, Reese Witherspoon and Dakota Fanning
- Country Singer, Deana Carter, was a Cheerleader and student body President in high school.
- Country Singer, Sheryl Crowe was a Cheerleader.
- Madonna, a talented and controversial singer and song writer, was once a Cheerleader.
- Faith Hill, a talented singer
- Reba McEntyre, a talented singer
- Paula Abdul, singer, dancer, judge, actress
- Katie Couric, was co-anchor of NBC’s Today Show and anchor of CBS News.
- Vanna White, Not surprisingly, Vanna was a Cheerleader before her success on “Wheel of Fortune”.
READ the article “Should cheerleading become a sport?”