Auctions America by RM to host themed Hot Rod and Custom Car Seminar at its Auburn Fall Collector Car Event
· Seminar to feature some of the rod and custom industry’s most prominent names, followed by an autograph signing session
· Variety of classic hot rods and customs to cross the auction podium during the multi-day sale, September 1 – 4, 2011
· Presented by Auctions America by RM and Carlisle Events, the Auburn Fall Collector Car Event has been a Labor Day tradition for 40 years
Auctions America by RM will shine a spotlight on classic hot rods and customs at its Auburn Fall Collector Car Event, September 1 – 4, welcoming some of the industry’s most prominent hot rod and custom car builders, designers and collectors to the Auburn Auction Park for an exclusive collector car seminar.
Scheduled for Friday, September 2 at 9:00am, the themed, hour-long panel discussion will feature:
· Darryl Starbird, a multi award-winning designer from Oklahoma’s National Rod & Custom Car Hall of Fame Museum;
· John D’Agostino, a leading California customizer, and creator of the widely-publicized custom 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Seville Convertible ‘Elvis Presley tribute’;
· Bo Huff, a legendary custom car builder from Utah, famous for his unique style and hosting various national custom car shows;
· Chuck Miller, a well-known customizer from the Motor City and Ridler award-winner; and,
· Joe Bortz, automotive archeologist and founder of the Bortz Auto Collection, now featuring a selection of custom cars.
The seminar will see each panelist share their personal anecdotes on the rod and custom industry, as well as provide market commentary and insights. Also joining the discussion, Bill Miller Jr., Co-Founder and Co-Owner Carlisle Events, who will act as the panel moderator, while Joe Bortz, will highlight the popularity of rod and customs throughout history.
The panel discussion will be closely followed by an autograph signing session, providing attendees with the opportunity to meet each of the panelists.
“At Auctions America by RM we are dedicated to providing an unforgettable collector car event experience for our show attendees. A part of our continuing educational series, the Hot Rod and Custom Car Seminar has been designed to be both informative and entertaining, providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for enthusiasts to meet some of the industry’s most prolific customizers first-hand,”says Donnie Gould, President, Auctions America by RM.
“We are delighted to be working with our special panelists on the seminar and encourage enthusiasts to arrive early to ensure they don’t miss all the excitement. It’s not every day you have an opportunity to meet so many industry greats under the one roof,” adds Gould.
The Hot Rod and Custom Car Seminar will set the stage for an exciting weekend of auction action, which will include various hot rods and customs for collectors with an affinity for innovative and unique design. Among notable entries on offer – a whimsical 1967 Ford C-Cab Fire Truck, designed by Chuck Miller and recipient of the Ridler award at the 1968 Detroit Autorama (pictured above); a trophy-winning 1932 Ford Five-Window “Deuce” Coupe Show Car by Dick Roy; a prize-winning, documented 1934 Ford Custom Roadster built by Robert Roeder; the well-known 1950 Buick ‘Truly Rare’ Radical Custom built by Gene Howard; and the famous 1940 Ford Truck Radical Custom known as ‘Scrap Iron’ by A.L. Clark.
General admission to the Auburn Fall Collector Car Event is $15 for a day pass or $40 for the entire weekend (September 1 – 4), which includes access to the auction, swap meet, car corral and panel discussion, along with parking. Children 12 years of age and under are admitted for free.
Bidder registration includes weekend admission for two and VIP parking, along with breakfast and reserved seating at the panel discussion. Collectors can register in advance online by visiting www.auctionsamerica.com/bid.
For complete event, consignment and bidding information for Auburn Fall, please call Auctions America by RM on +1 260-927-9797 or visit www.auctionsamerica.com.